• Jamie
    6 years ago

One of the most underrated singers of all time imo. Such sad news

• Britt
    6 years ago

So, SO sad! :(

• Brenda
    6 years ago

This totally blows, such a talented guy. I hope he found the peace he was seeking.

• Ben Pickard
    6 years ago

I had no idea. I love some of that guy's music. RIP.

• silvershoes
    6 years ago, updated 6 years ago

What???!!! I was looking him up just the other day to see if he's still performing... Thought maybe I'd finally see him. He's not even very old. 52? How terrible. My highschool sweetheart got me hooked on Audioslave and Soundgarden. I have so many fond memories of listening to them :,(. I'll be listening to Chris Cornell all day today in his honor.

• BlueJay
    6 years ago

One of the used to be poets here actually reminded me about him and his music when I first started my PnQ adventure. I wonder if they've heard the news yet and if it will fuel more of their writing elsewhere. But still, I am shocked that it's already his time to move on.

• Poet on the Piano
    6 years ago

I'm ashamed to say I wasn't too familiar and I need to read more about his story. But I saw the depth and impact his life and music
    had on people, just from what they shared...

There was a powerful bit I saw on-line the other day speaking up about suicide.... that with this news, it's easy to say
    "you can talk to me at anytime, I'll have my door open" yet those struggling with suicidal thoughts are usually to scared
    to reach out. Especially if they live with depression or anxiety. So it needs to go steps beyond that. Anyway, thought that
    was a good point.

I will make a note to listen to Soundgarden and Audioslave this week. RIP, Chris Cornell.