A Little Rhyme For Christmas Time (contest)

• CJ Maleney
    6 years ago, updated 6 years ago

Hey up all.

We have many many guys and girls writing fantastic rhymes, I figured I would give this a go. Also I think it's about time I did something for the site.

I've been thinking about this for a few weeks and I decided I would run with it even though I admit, I am not giving you all much time.

The idea is pretty simple you write a rhyme for Christmas. Post it and your fellow entrants vote. Usual format 10 points for your favorite, 7 for your second favorite and 4 for your third

As this is a little bit last minute you are gonna have to work fast.

Entry's will be from 08/12/17 and I urge you to post your poems in a thread I shall create shortly, (to post anonymously would be too time consuming) as soon as possible as entry's will be locked down on 15/12/17. So you only have a week to submit I'm afraid.

Votes are to be sent to me via personal message starting 17/12/17 and voting will close 22/12/17. If a moderator is able to help me with locking things down (please please please) I would appreciate it as pnq time eludes me still.

Votes will calculated and the results posted Christmas eve in the afternoon (this will be GMT not pnq time).

Hope you all jump on in and apologies for short time scale.

Regards all

Craig

Ps any questions or if I've messed up in any way then let me know via P.M

• Kitty Cat Lady
    6 years ago

Sounds great Craig, I'll give it a go! :-) x
    =^.^=

• CJ Maleney replied to Kitty Cat Lady
    6 years ago

Brill, can't wait to see what you come up with.

I've created a separate thread for posting

Glad you're on board

Craig

• ddavidd replied to CJ Maleney

This is so good dear Craig, I wish I could participate, I am in the middle of exams, until 16th. The poems that I post are the ones that almost finished and I work on them on my breaks, or sometimes even don't and just post them. You know I never written a Christmas rhyme, or even read so many of them, I only love hearing them. But if I get inspired some how, or something jump on my soul all the sudden, I shall give it a try.

Thanks for such wonderful idea

• CJ Maleney replied to ddavidd

Just because it's Christmas it don't have to be all mistletoe and bells. God knows mine ain't, will be finishing it this weekend and popping it up there Sunday or Monday.

Hope you find a little time would love to see what you come up with.

Good luck in your studies and exams

Craig

• ddavidd replied to CJ Maleney

Thanks I hope so.

I love love Christmas. Praising you again for keeping up the spirit of Christmas.
    This is the Christmas I know , I believe: songs, spirit, not shopping and boxing day.
    You ( and Liz- Mel) brought the mood back for me.

Everyone, please join in, Santa is in the town !!