Thank you

• Ben Pickard
    6 years ago

for listening to good advice - locking the thread really was the best option....

• Ben Pickard
    6 years ago, updated 6 years ago

Now that everyone on the site knows I am the t~~~T, we know longer need to argue or wind anyone up

• Ben Pickard
    6 years ago

Ain't freedom of speech a grand thing?

• PnQ Mod Account
    6 years ago

What is your point, Ben? No one is saying any such thing about you except you.

• Ben Pickard
    6 years ago

Oh, one member is - guess who, Jane? Maybe I'm just having a meltdown, maybe I'm a narcissist, maybe I really am a b....d. Only the morning has the answers...

• Mr. Darcy
    6 years ago

"only the morning has the answers"
    ^
    As the dust settles, the fallout creates a nasty, lasting, hacking cough...

Phlem floods voids where flowers once grew.

• CJ Maleney
    6 years ago

I've not been logged in for almost a week.

This thread is saddening.

I've an idea of what has transpired but not the full picture.

Regardless of fault or blame.

It raises questions

• Hellon replied to CJ Maleney

I've been reading through the threads posted while I've been away and decided to post in this one because Craig's last sentence says..."It raises questions" and I have a couple so it seemed the most appropriate one.

"I've an idea of what has transpired but not the full picture." Me neither because I can't seem to find ddavidd's posts...only Ben's...why is that?

In the past...when things got a little heated between members they were sent to the 'time out room' or whatever it was called (can't remember) this meant basically that their account was suspended for a period of 3 days (I think) giving everyone a chance to cool down and reflect on their behaviour...generally they were allowed back after that although I think I remember ddavidd was not on one occasion. Is this no longer an option for the mods to enforce?

I've 'debated' quite seriously with both members in question here and, while we've locked horns at times, I respect them both equally and, have always managed to agree to disagree with them in the end. I hope they will cool their heels and return sooner rather than later otherwise...who the hell will I 'debate' with???

• hiraeth replied to Hellon

http://www.poems-and-quotes.com/threads/146566

When a person deletes their own account by their own accord; the website deletes everything but their posts on the forums. When an account is suspended or terminated by a moderator, the website deletes everything including their posts on the forums.

" Is this no longer an option for the mods to enforce?"

We still have the option of being able to suspend members for 48 hours.

• Hellon replied to hiraeth
    6 years ago

So...has ddavidd been suspended for 48 hours or has his account been permanently terminated?

• Larry Chamberlin
    6 years ago

As you know, Hellon, we cannot discuss individual accounts.
    However, it appears you have turned the description around from what Mark explained.

• Hellon replied to Larry Chamberlin
    6 years ago

I don't understand what you mean Larry about turning things around? Mark's statement made it clear that ddavidd's account had been closed by the mods...I was only trying to establish if it was temporary or permanent.

• Larry Chamberlin

My apologies, Hellon. I read one name where you wrote another

We still cannot discuss individual accounts

However, you & I both know that nothing about PnQ lasts forever

I understand that you can't discuss individual accounts and yes, I know that nothing lasts forever on P&Q.

As I said, I can't see any posts made by ddavidd, they're gone forever now I guess so, I 'll never know what really happened. What I do know is that it takes two to tango and so far I've read comments from two mods indicating their wish for Ben to return in the future but, there doesn't seem to be any indication that the same wish is extended to ddavidd. Both of these members were involved in what appears to have been a hot-headed argument so why is one being treated differently to the other?

EDIT

Just came back to edit my error in this sentence... I know that nothing lasts for every on P&Q. Nothing more.

• Hellon
    6 years ago

I've left this for two days now and still have no answer although all but one mod has been signed in over this time so...forgive me for bumping it back up.

• Larry Chamberlin
    6 years ago

Your answer was given Hellon.
    Let me make it clear: we . cannot . discuss . another . member's . account.

6 years ago

Actually, I didn't ask you to. discuss. another. member's. account. I asked why one member is being treated differently to the other when they were both at fault.

GENERAL RULES
    The first and most important rule of poems-and-quotes.com is be respectful to all members. Being disrespectful to other members will not be tolerated and may result in penalty or suspension.

Posting a poem telling the mods to get fudged . That's definitely disrespectful in my books and yet, no suspension was issued to this member in fact, it would appear that at least two of you would welcome him back in a heartbeat. Why is that? That's my question.

• hiraeth replied to Hellon
    6 years ago

One party decided to close their account after apologizing repeatedly and would be welcome back after a cool off period because of their apology and because this was their first offense. Cases are treated differently based on member history on PnQ, but whether each party has been penalized or for how long is not up for discussion. We handled the situation as fairly as we thought possible given the circumstances and a lot of discussion went into our decision(s) to avoid personal feeling or bias.

• Hellon replied to hiraeth

^^^

Well that was explained very easily and is totally acceptable. I do understand that individual accounts cannot be discussed and that is not was I was aiming at. I was just trying to establish if both members were given a fair go as, because one set of posts was wiped out, it all looked very one sided to me. Thank you Mark.

Now...as there seems to be a number of members rallying to have Ben return...perhaps I should be the first to set up a 'fan club' to have ddavidd back haha!!!

• Maple Tree
    6 years ago

I personally would like to have both gentleman return.

descussions get heated. ..words get tossed. ..

But both gentlemen are a great tribute to this site...life is too short to ban....please let them both return, please.

• Hellon replied to Maple Tree
    6 years ago

I would like to see them both back too Andrea. I said in an earlier post that I respect them both equally, it's just that no one seemed to be batting for ddavidd and, well, you know me, I always try to rally behind the underdog :)

Please mods, don't banish them for too long P&Q needs these two very diverse individuals.

• Maple Tree replied to Hellon
    6 years ago

I hear you Hellon and I agree!!

Bring them home please

• Hellon
    6 years ago

Dazzling
    ddavidd
    added
    variety and
    diversity
    daily.

Ben
    enhanced it
    naturally.

• Maple Tree
    6 years ago

Two men who
    Have
    Evolved
    Year

After year.
    Right?
    Evenly yoked

Wrong?
    Openly
    Negotiating
    Diverse subjects
    Ending in a heated mess
    Reopen the doors
    Friends
    Until the end,
    Love Maple Tree

• abracadabra
    6 years ago

ddavidd's gone? Because we finally had some piddling bit of Drama around here? We are poets. We are peace keepers, we are conflict makers, we are diversity celebrators, we are minutiae noticers, we are big picture thinkers. We all have big fragile egos like ddavidd's and Ben Pickard's. So can we stop getting rid of the interesting people when things start firing and juices start running? Bring the ever-infuriating ddavidd back at once. He's a PnQ icon, and quite frankly, this is sacrilege. And all this is just adding more relish to his romanticised self-representation as a hounded lone wolf on this site and I won't bear it.

• Jamie
    6 years ago

Heres a thought: Maybe if y'all spent as much energy into commenting on poems as you do arguing, this site would flourish. No wonder why this site is going downhill fast, and new members don't want to stay. I've been screaming about this for so long now, I'm tired. The bias here is at an time high, the same people commenting on each others poems all the time. Same with nominating, the same poets get nominated all the time. Something has to change.

• abracadabra
    6 years ago

Oh, hang on. I see ddavidd's account is not suspended. As you were.

• Ben Pickard

I really do think it's best for all involved if this topic was put to bed now.

• CJ Maleney replied to Jamie

Whoops double post

• CJ Maleney replied to Jamie
    6 years ago

Bravo

This echos the thoughts of myself and at least one other that I know of. When time allows I trawl through looking for the weird and wonderful. Although lately time does not allow so much

Craig