Rhyming In Good Jest

• Ben Pickard
    6 years ago, updated 6 years ago

I would like to politely ask - and not that I am presuming any will - that the judges do not consider my poem 'Rhyming in Good Jest' for the competition this week. Although that piece genuinely was written in good humour, I don't feel its source was a particularly positive one and its inclusion in any of the judges' comments would only serve to heighten the tension surrounding the original issue.
    I am aware that there have been a number of poems written in regards to that thread, and I cannot speak for them or their authors, but I truly believe highlighting any of these is not a positive step forward considering the animosity that has been plaguing the site recently. Any member is quite welcome to disagree with me but - more than anything - I genuinely do not want this thread turned into another battle ground. It is simply one person's request to the judges regarding a single poem.

Thank you and all the best,

Ben

*and to Mark, who was kind enough to see merit in it, I am very sorry for wasting your nomination.

• CJ Maleney replied to Ben Pickard
    6 years ago

Totally see where you are coming from with this dude

We all have our flash points I guess and if something requires a reaction then so be it. It's important however to let things simmer down and more importantly not carry grudges.

Magnanimous as always Ben

Regards

Craig

• silvershoes
    6 years ago

Hi! For future reference, this request is probably best sent in a PM to the mods so we can then PM the judges and also monitor where votes are cast, but the mods saw this thread and were able to message the judges in time. This week's host/mod will monitor votes.