Sonnets.

• heather
    19 years ago

okie i will luv heather

• Ş∂ņďħy∂
    19 years ago

Yeah, i have written a petracken sonnet. ITs called "The Beggar". This site has a lot of sonnets..different kind.

• Aken Sol
    19 years ago

I've written several sonnets and i guess they are okay but Sean Allen's sonnets are really great. Aken Sol

• Ş∂ņďħy∂
    19 years ago

I have checked both of your works. Must say some. Because you both have a lot lot of poems. And it will take days to finish reading it all. What ever i read they were all lovely works.

• Ş∂ņďħy∂
    19 years ago

I am sorry, i was talking about aken and sean. I didn't get time to check yours.. I going there right now.

• Sean Allen
    19 years ago

aren't they spelled petrarchian? Can someone remind me of the exact format of those?

• Ş∂ņďħy∂
    19 years ago

I will just add both of their formats... I am not sure of the spelling of petrarchian...

The petrarchan (Italian sonnet)

Rhymes:
    abbaabba cdecde (or cdcdcd or any other combination or two or three rhyme words that avoids a couplet at the end.

Terza Rima is a poetic rhyme scheme which involve interlocking rhymes, written in iambic tercets. The rhyme scheme is aba bcb cdc ded (and so forth) for as long as the poet wishes to continue. (as a sonnet, ending in a couplet)

Although no specific line length is required, most terza rima poems in English are written in
    iambic pentameter. If other line lengths are used, such as tetrameter, all lines must be in that length.