Someone please help me...I dont know what to do.

• Coco
    20 years ago

hi jed. Well, let me tell you that I know exactly how you feel. First off I'm 19 and I moved to Georgia after I graduated. Keep in mind that I've known the same kids since I was 11 years old. That's 6 years as well. When I moved to Georgia I was excited and yes, when I got there, I too felt alone and it was hard to make friends. You have a bonus opportunity that I didnt though, you go to school and can make friends. I know after 4 years it seems as though you cant but you cant give up in yourself either. First off, with you wanting so badly to go back to Texas, and hating where you are shows. And personally, if you are showing signs of depression, you never know, you might appear to not be very approachable, therefore a barrier is set between you and your peers. You are 14 and are not in control of where you go. You have to go where your parents tell you. So for the next 4 years (at least) it seems as though you are stuck. Jed, let me tell you from experience, you have to make the best out of all situations you encounter. No matter how negative it may seem you have to be optomistic. I'm not telling you to forget your old friends, but dont dwell on the fact that you're not there with them and become depressed about it or you will seem unapproachable. If you saw someone down and depressed all the time, you might not want to get to know them either. Asking them whats wrong and becoming their friend are two seperate things. Attitudes are highly contagious. Try going out and going to the mall. Go to school dances and GET INVOLVED. Let people know the awesome person that I bet you are. And before you know it, you will have friends galore. Remember...Attitude is the mind's paintbrush, it can color any situation. Good Luck Jed!

• heather
    20 years ago

hey jed i know what you are going through and it seems tough. Right now you are at a stage in your life where you are going to want more and things may not always go your way thats just life. But what i would do is try to talk to your parents about it and tell them how you feel. Maybe they can let you go down there for a while with a friend or something. Or what you could do is just try living with it for a while and do what that one person posted go to dances get involved try enjoying yourself. Remember you only live one life and you have to cherish all that you have now because you never know what is going to happen. Then again thats just my opinion on it. If you ever need anything just e mail me at princess13060@yahoo.com and my im is the same i have msn. so we can talk i am always on. 24/7.
    luv Heather hang in there you will get used to it.