"Do You Want To Go Out With Me?"

• juss an allycat
    19 years ago

Is that how you guyz ask ppl out? coz thats how I get asked out and i dunno why but I hate that sentence. it seems so wrong. and lyk most of the time here if they ask you "do u wanna go out with me"and u say yes, your automatically boyf/girlf, that is so annoying. its lyk some kinda system.

• Hope
    19 years ago

lol, "Do you want to go out with me" is concise and simple, but how would a girl be liked to be asked out??? Alysse???

• juss an allycat
    19 years ago

I hate "do you want to go out with me" and "I love you" when said straight away too. it gives the words no meaning. and "do you want to go out with me" sounds so blunt and stupid. grrrr

• juss an allycat
    19 years ago

I dont know.....certaintly not "do you want to go out with me" it seems like you put no thought into it... and usually here if u r askd out and u say yes you're a couple. thats so friggin stupid. its not lyk that in amrican dramas and movies and stuff, i always loved the american way of life

• Hope
    19 years ago

I'm sorry if i angered you. I guess you want to hear something different from men, something special, something to be remembered. It's understandable because you've heard it so many times before. I can tell you may be tricky to please, but i guess the affection of any girl is hard to win over.

• juss an allycat
    19 years ago

no u didnt anger me, and i am not hard to please! uif u knew me u wouldnt say that..i hope..=) but when a person says those words it just sounds so blunt and wrong.ahhh nvm, wateva lol

• Hope
    19 years ago

lol it's so hard to tell what a person can be like just from reading their words, but i do try. Alrighty, i hope you find someone who will say the right thing at the perfect moment. Anyway, good luck and take care!!! :)

• Lydia O
    19 years ago

Being asked out like that is just way too generic and reflects nothing special or particular.

This is more descriptively phrased in a way that makes it sound like something more special:

"There is a wonderful little restaurant called Rincon Criollo that serves terrific Cuban food. Would you like to join me for dinner there tomorrow night?"

That works for me.

• Angel Sanctuary ©
    19 years ago

This will really irritate you then... I had an 18 year old guy come up to me and say... "Do you want to be my Girlfriend?" I was like... Are you serious... not even one date... straight to girlfriend boy friend... NOOOO

• Hope
    19 years ago

Wow ok... either that guy was born yesterday or he was having a joke or he was EXTREMELY shy and nervous. I guess you see something new everyday. :)

• Lydia O
    19 years ago

~edited out~

• Lydia O
    19 years ago

Some people, to their own detriment, just haven't learned how to practice the art of tactfulness when it is called for.

• juss an allycat
    19 years ago

in a way, here "do u wanna go out with me" is lyk saying "do u want to be my girlf/boyf" its so queer

• Shædow Poet
    19 years ago

I dunno if this has been said yet... but a friend of mine was asked out by a guy and he said, "do you want to go out with me?" She said yes, and he replied that he wasn't asking her out, just seeing if she'd want to go out with him. Meaning he didn't.