............Help......Please.........

• JEFF
    16 years ago

When you write your poems, is it usely from what your feeling at the time or more of something thought up?

And also what do readers look for when reading what you have writen> How do you get that all mighty vote?

• JEFF
    16 years ago

How long have you been writing?

• JEFF
    16 years ago

I see you have all your stripes i want mine....lol

• Brittany
    16 years ago

Most of my poems are what I'm feeling.
    Sometimes I make them up.
    Just depends what hits you I guess.
    Sometimes I'll be thinking of a concept, such as temptation and I'll write about that, and sometimes I just think of my life and all the sudden there seems to be words to describe it.

When I'm reading other poems I tend to look for a connection. You can just feel when the author was just writing freely, or if they forced it out. I love the natural flow of poetry.
    I also really like when the first few lines are a mystery because then it compels me to read the rest of the poem.

• kevin Boundy AKA the ghost
    16 years ago

Me i look at someone and try to related to what they are going through like if i see a couple that are in love i write about the bond between them if i see someone emo i write about their probable addictions and thoghts of suicide (its weird) but it works its like looking through someone elses eyes

• Jamie Lorraine
    16 years ago

My poems are from my feelings, life, friends and family. most of them I write are love poems or sad.

• kevin Boundy AKA the ghost
    16 years ago

Its easier to write about something your feeling right now because its fresh but thinking up something just shows your creativity

• Dark Demise
    16 years ago

When you write poetry (my advice) is write for yourself, not others, And then let them tell you what they think you should work on, Then take there thoughts and see if thats what you want or not, and see if you think it would improve your poem as well, and then see how your poems progress over the years.

The great thing about poetry is you can write a poem about anything! you could write a poem that could mean 1,000 different things, a poem your personally relate to, but also someone else can personally relate too that is completely different then what you wrote the poem specifically about!

Poetry grows on you, Obviously your best pieces are when you get inspired and start writing down.

Anyway my comment is to long already,

Best of luck with writing your poems,

• A Phoenyx in Flight
    16 years ago

I write about what is happening in my life and how i feel about what is happening.

when people read they look for poems that have feeling in them (thats what i look for anyway)

• StandStill
    16 years ago

Generally, i write from feelings. but occassionally, there is a phrase that pops into my head that i have to find a poem to match....lol. i dunno what tell u bout the all mighty vote, cuz i don't got too many of those. just write from ur heart, and u'll be fine!!! xooxx