Is it just me... or people on this site?

• Dark Demise
    16 years ago

I am a little confused...

I don't get this "downvote" system.

Why downvote things if you don't explain why? I openly say on my profile, I don't low rate cause you low rate, I just want to be as honest as I can and expect the same in return.

How is anyone supossed to become a better writer if they don't know there own flaws?.

Any help/answers are apreciated. This is just confusing me a little bit.

Have a great day,

Eric

• cowgirlstar26
    16 years ago

People are just dumb, personally I dont like the voting system, comments are all that matters....actually the only thing to me is someone read and enjoyed it... not how they rated it :)

• JEFF
    16 years ago

The Fallen Mod- is right.
    I've read poems that shouldn't even have been posted, but if it's not one i can comment on i wont vote.

• Dark Demise
    16 years ago

Yeah it does kind of ballance out, but it's not honest opinions of what people really think of your poems,

Thanks for the help guys,

• Lethmelodis
    16 years ago

Honesty has too sides to it. You can be too honest, and most people feel as thought theyre being too harsh under those conditions. Or you cannot be honest enough, which tends to come across as being sugar coated and to some, lies.

Its a matter of balancing between the two really when it comes to the voting system. I personally try to be as honest as possible without being blunt and offensive.

Some people just don't attempt to achieve that balance.

And as with anything (online more so than not) that allows voting, the anonimosity (spelling? or that a word? not sure) of the internet allows people to be more spiteful and ignorant than they would in reality.

• homebound
    16 years ago

I think this site is also about trust because you are posting your poems for honest responses and opions. You can only hope that people will appreciate your work. If they down vote it, they need to at least give a comment or PM explaining their reason