Is this bad? should i stop?

• jared
    16 years ago

Well i am in this class and i am practically failing i have this huge assignment that is due soon.
    i have to write a bunch of my own poems

honest to god i have tried as hard as i can and i cant write a descent poem.i have gone to my teacher and asked what grade i would get on a couple of my poems and she said a d. the best one was a c.

so i took a couple of poems off this site,not any that are by professional authors and would be considered copywrite or whatever just ones that other people have put on,and well i was going to turn them in as my own because this is like a huge assesment and i seriously cant afford to get another d or f i wont be able to graduate if i do.

i stopped myself before i turned this in though and thought that this might really be messed up and maybe i shouldn't do it

so do you guys think it would be alright if i did or is this like horrible and i should stop.

give me your honest opinion

• Meet Me On Thames Street
    16 years ago

No, that is not a good thing. People take their poetry very seriously and you can't just go and use them as your own! You should apologize to the poets you tried to steal from even if they don't know it and write your own poems. The poets on here would have helped you write your own poems in an instant and you did not need to go as far as stealing poems. I don't know if anyone will help you any more but that is what you should try to do, but don't use those poems.

• Brandee
    16 years ago

Yeah, thats bad, dont turn it in as your own. People write these, sometimes personally and put them on this site. It wouldnt be right if you put it on as your own.
    Believe me, you'll feel really guilty.

• josh mills
    16 years ago

Well i dont have a problem with it if you want to borrow any of mine just tell me first.
    but hey if you like end up making money off my poems at least give me 30% lol.

• Lemma
    16 years ago

Purely the fact that you stopped yourself should show you that you know it's not a good thing to do. If you really want to use peoples' poetry you should ask them first. why not use them as inspiration and try to do something the same? I forgot to look at how old this thread was so I dunno if this is all over by now, but if it's not, try using one as a template.

Good luck =)

Em xXx

• jared
    16 years ago

Alright alright ill try and figure out something else out. thanks though i appreciate it

• xXxUNOxXx
    16 years ago

I think u should only if u have the authors permission. I mean if u can write poems on here then why not for school? i mean yeah it'll take time but why did u wait until NOW to actually care about ur assaignment? When i was in school i did everything ahead of time. So dou rather just turn the poems in, get caught, and go to jail for basically calling other ppl's work ur own? Or just sit down really think and do ur own work? It's up 2 u,hun. best of luck.