What's your Best Series of Poems???

• Robert Gardiner
    16 years ago

What's your Best Series of Poems, in one particular category (genre)? Of all the poems you've written and posted on P&Q, what category (genre) would you say you've done your best work in, in which you've written a series of poem?

For me, I'm most proud of my series of Odes. I've written 10, "Ode, to Infatuation!!!" being the latest. I think these poem really show my growth as a poet and my ability to write. I am fond of some of the other poems I written too, such as my Sonnets and Acrostics, but my odes have really shown my ability to write superlatively. What I like about them, is how I was able employ, different elements and format structures of poetry, as repetition, alliteration, the use of extolling verses, rhyme (rhyme scheme), rhythm , and even the base format structure of the sonnet. I was able to do a lot with these poem, yet still have poetic structure. And so, I consider my Odes my best series. What is your Best Series?

Note: the Series of poems can be about anything, any subject/subject matter, as long as they're serial, they have a running theme, subject, focus, throughout them, as say, a specific person, situation, event.

• ilu
    16 years ago

The ones i made for twilight series..>>:P

• Alex D
    16 years ago

Tragedy involving death or heartache

• Lethmelodis
    16 years ago

Dark, unexplained.

I like surrealism and being subliminal with a dark tone, so I find myself falling into that category a lot. Its also the category that holds to most poems I get compliments on, lol.

• xTheEcstasyOfSuicidex
    16 years ago

I'd have to say I don't have a "Best Series" in my eyes.

My poems range from love to dark, from sad to life. Lately, it's been sad, in the past it was life . . .

I guess I don't have a "Best Series"; I just write what I feel/think at that time. =].

xTheEcstasyofSuicidex

• Natalie
    16 years ago

Dark!!

• Jenn
    16 years ago

I like poems about life. I post a lot of my poems in that category because it's so vague and general. Much of the time my poems comment/criticize/reflect upon life itself. I think those are my best ones.

• Baby Rainbow
    16 years ago

Depression i think im not sure x