why can i olny write depressing poems?

• Madison
    20 years ago

Hey everyone, as you can see in my poems I always write about depressing topics, and i dont know why, i think my friends and family are getting worried, i just dont understand, i cant write happy poems... help!

Madison

• Madison
    20 years ago

hey yea, i have also tryed to write "happy poems, but sad and depressing poems seem to pop out at me more.. i need help, people at school think i'm sucidal.. its not cool, please help me and anyone esle who needs help

• hayley williams
    20 years ago

poems tend to come from the heart and i tent to write bout wot i feel! sometimes if i try to write a happy poem the words just dont come because i know deep down this is not how i feel! hayleyxx

• Jenn
    20 years ago

hey i used to only be able to write depressing poems to and still they are the poems that come out better and my happy ones arent that great...the only time i can write a happy one is about a boyfriend but its so much easier for me to write sad ones...and same with me ppl think im in depression or something..i havent posted many of those cuz ppl would think i was crazy....i dunno why we do that either???

• Outlaw Central
    20 years ago

You can only write off what you know. and if you have never known happy loveie thoughts then you won't find it easy expressing something you know nothing of.
    And possibly there are more words that we know and you use that are negative in everyday life!?
    I may be wrong but thats what I think.

• karima
    20 years ago

hi dont worry my first poem was depressing (search for she's gone now) your just letting your feelings out in your own way, and i respect that

• Jenn
    20 years ago

I agree with John...everyone has sad emotions and happy ones...but I feel the when I am down I can write my emotions better and a lot of the poems on here are sad and they all are good...I like sad poems its a good way of showing your feelings and if thats wat you feel then write it...its not a problem...I find a lot of my sad poems to be better then my happy ones....

• deadnalone
    19 years ago

If you write depressing stuff its likely that you've had bad experiences your life, ones that really affected you. If the results are good theres nothing to worry about is dere lol :D

take care
    ellie
    xxx

• Jackie Prahl
    19 years ago

what i think is that you way to oftenly concentrate on the negitive an dont think to much of the possitive. try it the other way around maybe it will help

• TruLif3
    19 years ago

i write love and suicidal poems but u say u write better sad poems well then write them and u say u can only write about a boyfirend well then pretend that u have one if u dont or write aobut someone elses relationship problems that seems to work for me and if it doesnt work for u then juss ask someone else alright well i hope everything works for the better

• Erica Brown©
    19 years ago

Most of the time poetry comes from deep down in your heart. Deep down you must have something growing inside of you that might burst. Destroy it before it grows too large. Kinda like a zit o.O ..yeah well it happened to me and I let it grow too large. Don't be sad now =/

• hdmgmhcmv
    19 years ago

Well maybe beacuse something happened in your past that made you very depressed or you feel inspired? err Im not sure.

• AGirlWorthFightingFor
    19 years ago

I don't know who's right. Only you know your mind. Peggy brings up good points though.

I write a lot of dark, depressing poetry because it fascinates me more. It has an otherworldly quality to it. of course, I also have demons. but rather than be afraid or saddened by them, I resurrect these demons to the surface, face them, understand them, and finally release them. Writing is my 12 step program.