Fake-Writing

• Alyssa Marie
    16 years ago

I want to write something pretty or beautiful reflecting on life. Thing is, life (well, mine) hasn't been so good to me. I have this inevitable truthfulness to write exactly how I feel, and since the truth aint so pretty.. the outcome turns out the exact same way. Then I end up hating what's on the paper. But I don't want to force something out of me that isn't felt like how it should sound like. I wouldn't lie to myself in writing..

'Not too sure what to do.

• xTheEcstasyOfSuicidex
    16 years ago

I agree with Bob.

Not only what he said, but you could use your imagination and dream up your perfect, beautiful world. That is part of writing - imagination.

And whether you lead a happy life or not, you have plently beautiful things around you, such as nature.
    Just open your eyes a little wider... You'll be amazed at what you see. =].

xTheEcstasyofSuicidex

• TwistedAngel xx
    16 years ago

Exactly coz its something you are feeling and thinking so it wouldnt be fake
    good luck
    xx

• Alyssa Marie
    16 years ago

Thank you.

• Natalie
    16 years ago

I think you should find a way to channel all that energy into writing about different issues!

• Big hersh
    16 years ago

You should write about your life even if it has not been a great one and that itself will make you poem beautiful and it will even make you stronger in some ways

• Lisa
    16 years ago

No such thing

• Krathia
    16 years ago

Write about the little things that made you smile during the day.

• Vix
    16 years ago

Writing exercises. Read constantly. Explore Persona poetry.

The voice in a poem can never be assumed to be that of the poet or person who wrote the poem.

The voice in the poem is the 'speaker' and may be the poet assuming any identity, depending on their aims. For example some poet's write from the perspective of animals.

This is not deceitful.

Read more poetry by a wide range of poets and explore persona poetry. Try to empathise and place yourself outside of your self and into the self of another.

• Cory Mastrandrea
    16 years ago

Then write about other people's happy lives. Then you wont be lying to yourself.

• PMurphy
    16 years ago

Only advice i can give.

Make your life happy.

Then write happy.

You cannot sit down and become a poet and make abstractions into reality unless you understand the deeper meaning of the abstraction.

You can reasearch

you can learn

you can be taught

but unless you expierence, you will never fully understand.

Poetry is not black and white.

it is colored