Should I let her back in?

• Lori
    15 years ago

Ok. About 4 months ago, I had a best friend and she was just the greatest person ever. We would pretty much do everything together. Then, she met this 26 year old. He would treat her well and everything. Too bad she is flipping 15. So sure enough, they started to date. The more rapped up she would get into him, the more she began to change and ditch me for him. I got sick of it. I told her I was done with her unless she broke up with him because I wanted the old brooke back. She said she did. Then about 2 days later, I see her holding hands with him at a store. So I flipped out and she said that she would. So I gave her a second chance. Sure enough, I see her with him AGAIN about a week later. So finally I gave up on her and was done. I mean, it hurt.

So I didn't talk to her all summer long. As the summer went on, I found out she was still hanging out with him, and doing worse with him. I had no idea how to react considering I had nothing to do with her. So now, the end of the summer. She started txting me again. I began to ask her about it. She told me about how he broke her heart and how they got into a huge fight. And she said that she misses me terribly and wants be friends again.

Usually, with anyone else, I would have obviously said no. But with her, things are different. She was my best friend. We did everything together. We have known each other since we were 2 years old. We were sisters. And to tell the truth, I miss her so much. But I think she is still a lier because I asked her about something and she denied it. Even though I knew it was true. So I'm thinking I shouldn't go back to her...but I just wanted everyones opinions just to make sure. Advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    <3 Loni

• BitterXSweetness
    15 years ago

Hun shes ur friend. Now guys will come and they will go, but u BOTH have 2 understand that friendship is like 4ever. Yeah I know that sounds completely cliche but it's true. 1st of all I understand that it hurts hun, but letting her go was a lot worse. And another thing the guy is 26 so obviously using her. Maybe u should go 2 a higher authority and say something just 2 look after ur friend. But telling her that she NEEDS 2 break up with him or u guys won't be friends anymore is just stupid. I mean how would u feel if u liked some1 a lot and then ur friend is like Oh u have 2 break up w/ him or we can't friends anymore. I mean it seems like such an easy answer when ur not in that kind of situation. Maybe u should try 2 look at it in her point of view and try 2 understand what and y she did what she did, and go and talk 2 her. Tell what she did really hurt but u do want 2 be friends, but u still need a little time 2 4give her. That may work. Or ur way may work. Ignoring her while shes in her time of need. And then she'll most likely go back 2 him and get pregnant and leave her. So she has a baby and a broken heart at about 16. Yeah, sure u can do that. But whatever choice u make think about the benefits and consequences. And u make ur choice.

• Lori
    15 years ago

^^True that my friend. Thank you for the great advice:)

• Jaime
    15 years ago

Forgive her. It's frustrating, I know, but this is one of those times where you need to be the bigger person and just step up to the plate. Everybody makes mistakes, and that's when we need our friends the most- especially if you were as close with her as you say. Take care.

• Lori
    15 years ago

I totally and completley agree James.

Thank you all for the great posts. It has all made me see 10 times clearer.

I love you all:)