My friend copies me in EVERYTHING help?

• MorbidCupcake
    15 years ago

My best friend since 1st grade as always copied me in everything i do and wear. She used to say her favorite colors were pink and purple jus becuz those used to be my favorite colors, she watched the tv shows i watched, she liked doing the same things i did and even when i told her i liked a certain guy and asked him out she would say she liked him too and ask him out herself when he would say no to me. Lately shes starting to copy me in everything again, just recently she bought the same shirt i have telling me "Now we can be twins! =)" and she bought the cds to a few of my favorite bands and pretended to like them and know theyre songs jus becuz i saw them in concert. Im getting really sick of her copying me in everything and i wish she would stop or tone it down a little shes even been using words i used to use when she talks like Gahh and GRR. I may sound kinda mean rite now, but i want something as my own. How do I do that without ruining my friendship?

• TrueLovesVictim
    15 years ago

She's either jealous or she looks up to you and wants to be like you.. she may look to use as a role model which is what im guessing. just talk to her.. tell her you appreciate her, but you all don't HAVE to have everything in common and she doesn't need to do everything you do