How?

• Adelle
    15 years ago

Ok I have been told I use I to much in my poems but how do you wright a poem about your fealings/exsperiances without using I all the time?

• Poet on the Piano
    15 years ago

I sometimes have a problem with that too, and sometimes it seems impossible to avoid. Maybe instead of using "I" use, verbs with -ing, nouns and so forth. Here is an example.

"I left the school, completely unnoticed,
    Worry and fear overcame me quickly."

Instead of saying, "I worried about......."

"Walking down to where my car was parked,
    My eyes suddenly saw eyes staring back at mine."

Instead of saying, "I walked" and "I saw"....

Just something, I made up on the spot. But that's what I do, just try experimenting ways to get around it. Be creative and use different words to replace "I". Hope this helps! :)

• ether
    15 years ago

I'd say focus less on making the poem so personal, and write a few like that. Using more extensive language might help.
    Also, reading other peoples work on here might give you some ideas. Or anyone's work really.

Other than that, Breaking Dawn has got it down pact.

• ether
    15 years ago

Now I think that's a little harsh ^, there are a lot of great poems in that section.

• kevin Boundy AKA the ghost
    15 years ago

Writing is writing, but writing poetry is putting your emotions into words and putting them on display for all to see. poetry has no bounds, nothing to limit yourself with, and if anybody tells you different they are wrong.

and as for bad poetry, no one should be able to judge anybodies poetry for the fact that everybody has a different opinion and when using creative criticism use it without being ignorant. dont write a response with a "i think this poem sucks" attitude. show consideration for how do you know this person cannot come up with something better. im no fan for the explicit poems category either but thats not my forte so i leave it alone

• ether
    15 years ago

Cyrano, my mother is always there with me.
    Hah.

• ether
    15 years ago

"DO NOT ENTER if you are under the age of 18 and you don't have parental consent to view this material!"
    ;)

• Baby Rainbow
    15 years ago

This is a good post, its funny how we dont notice things, just play around with some words instead of using i and see what you come up with xx

• Dark Savior
    15 years ago

? what is up with the posts by this chick? she is gonna flood the server if she keeps posting.

• My Mistakes
    15 years ago

Hi

• BlackIris
    15 years ago

Kinda same problem here :)
    I think it's ok..
    sorry, thinking it's ok lol

• deadly sun
    15 years ago

I wish I could say I one more time.
    For every I, I have improves this rhyme.
    I don't think it's bad, I don't think its good.
    Just don't create boundaries or poems won't be that good.
    I wouldn't think it matters if an I is used a lot.
    Maybe next you'll complain that someone uses to many full stops.
    In the end who cares, its causing no harm.
    I think the pen should be left in the writer's palm.
    (Not anyone else's)