Who comes first?.. friends of boyfriend?..

• Nanita
    15 years ago

Honestly.. idk wher to start.. this is not my story but i play a part in it.. i have a friend that ive known for a couple months now and we really clicked from the beginning and became really close. i can admit that im not her bestie but im up ther.. a past weekend we [her, her bestie, and i] went to her hometown to visit and so she can spend time with her 1 month or so boyfriend [se he's fresh out the box, and seriously they started datin like a week after they met].. the first night was horrible.. she totally dissed me and her bestie in the middle of no where, for 6 hours in a car... we ddnt get back home til 6AM!! she kicked us out the car then left us outside in the car, and when we got back to the house she kicked us out the room we were supposed to sleep in [because she wanted to spend time with her bf] well, anyways, that weekend basically succked! me and her bestie talked about so many different things.. the first night me and her bestie just sat and came up with an inside joke.. so when she got back we were just telling each other how lame we were because we couldnt spend time with the other ppl.. and she got mad because we wouldnt tell her what we were talking about.. cause we know i ddnt have anything to do with her.. but my thing is.. is she right to do us the way she did?.. i mean the guy is a nice guy and all but would a guy really be worth a friendship?

• Sorinity
    15 years ago

That's not right.. Why haven't you two talked to her about it?? I mean, she's your friend so you can talk to her about anything right? Just let her know that what she did wasn't cool.

• Shellaine shelli
    15 years ago

I believe that friends should always come first, i mean guys will come and go but your friends are forever

• Nanita
    15 years ago

But see, thats the thing.. she has the kind of attitude that its either her way or no way.. we've had discussions before and ive always been the one to say "forget, whatever" so it really gets complicated and i get frustrated and give up on the fight with her

• Sorinity
    15 years ago

Then what kind of friend is she really? Not to be mean or anything but a friendship is a compromise and if she's not willing to compromise then how far will she go and how stable will your friendship become if she becomes more involved??

• Nanita
    15 years ago

I hate to say it, but if it continues like this i dont think it will last long.. that night i tlkd to her bestie she was telling me that 98% of the time she has to bite her tongue on everything that is said just so they dont argue.. on that note, is there such thing as strike 3 kind of friendship??.. i dont believe in that but she was telling me that she has something like that going.. ugh!! so her bestie is scared that she will 'strikeout' and loose her best friend

• Jessica
    15 years ago

Well thats so not right. my friends always come before boyfriends. and i come before there boyfriends too. thats really sad that you guys might lose her. im really sorry!

• Nee
    15 years ago

Friends are always better than Bfs..

• Amina
    15 years ago

Here's my theory boys are whatever, friends are forever. You have to choose which one you think is most important, but if you put either oen before then the other then bad things could happen through either one so it all depends on the outcome, cuz in the end the choice you get will lead to a certain outcomes in situations.

• Mary Daphne
    15 years ago

Friends! after a little bunch of painful words and hatred will find ways to apologize nor forgive you, but a boyfriend? who does seem to enjoy ur company knowing that someone, oh not just someone, ur bestfriend or whatever, is being set aside, isn't really a man at all..a girl should forget a man like him...he's a fucking stupid ogre....

• Elizabeth
    15 years ago

One, I have a few close & true friends, the ones I grew up with. Two, my boyfriend is my friend too, he was from the start. I for one wouldn't choose between the two, to me they are both as equally important to me in my life & I love them both as equally too! But... If my boyfriend hadn't been a friend to begin with & we weren't together as long as we've been already then my friends would come first! Luckly for me that's not the case!

• Nanita
    15 years ago

This is so difficult!! i dont really know what to do.. now when im around her it feels so awkward, and i try not to say too much just so i wont "say something wrong" ugh!

• BrokenREALiTy
    15 years ago

You can either step up, let her stomp all over you, or just b*tch and moan about it here. All you have to do is think about which one will do you the most good, and then do it.

My best friends and I never hold back what we say. It's the beauty of friendship.