Writing About Something That Never Happend? Is It Right?

• Emily
    19 years ago

Do you think its wrong to write about something that hasn't hapend to you? i mean i think i would do better if i wrote about something more depressing because i could put more words and feelings into it. but i'm affraid people will call me a "poser" or "lyar". what do you think?

-Emily

• Kill The Complex
    19 years ago

Em,

if you write whats in your heart your no way near a poser or a liar. a poser in my opinion is someone who trys to make themselves something they aren't and i dont always write about stuff that happens to me i sometimes write about what i see other people going to so whatever you wanna write you write don't let other people's opinions stop you!!

Keep Rockin

Emmerz

• ¤©h€€®ƒüll¥♥©¥ñ!c@l¤
    19 years ago

I haveto agree with Emmerz. I mostly write about what I have experienced but sometimes its like the total opposite of what I'm going through. Sometimes I write a poem and I look at it thinking, "Why did I write this?" "Where'd this come from?!" lol

• SweetDreamer
    19 years ago

Just right what your feel. If you write a *depressing* poem, but it came from your heart, then of course u wouldn't be a *poser* or a *liar*. So just don't let what others say affect u, if u know they aren't right.

-Rach

• ♥•oOo Nikki oOo•♥©
    19 years ago

I Write Poems All The Time That Aren't Exactly Personal Experinces No 1 Will Judge You Because Of It Because They Havent Judged Me Yet xoxo-Nikki-xoxo

• John Holley
    19 years ago

i think its best to write off of true experiences but it's not wrong to just make up a good story. most os my poem are true but i do make some up. just keep writing.

• Eibutsina
    19 years ago

I feel it depends on the individual writer - some cant write unless they have personally been through something while others have the most bizarre imaginations and ways of communicating their ideas...My poem collection is a combination of both fiction and non fiction pieces but I usually state that to the reader....

As I read justplainme say "poetry is everything" and he is right...

• Eibutsina
    19 years ago

Hey Julie you've stated a good point I forgot to mention...with almost every poem I write the idea I have in the beginning is NEVER the way it turns out in the end...I could start with all intentions of a truthful story based on myself and my life experiences but then my imagination goes crazy and I end up with something completely out of whack - good point Julie :o)

• Ashleigh Skye
    19 years ago

I dont think that its a matter of being right or wrong, I think its more of a matter of how you express yourself and how you make it sound