Haiku

• Kuro
    15 years ago

So i got to do a Haiku for school. but i can't just write anything and have it be good. but i can't neccesarily just wait for inspiration and it never comes.

Haiku's are supposed to be nature and stuff. but i live in the city and finding inspiration is tough. and idea's or tips would be awsome. thanks

• Poet on the Piano
    15 years ago

Also, look at some painting or nature pictures, try writing a haiku about winter, birds, just be creative

• xToBeWithYoux
    15 years ago

I agree with The Tasteless. Imagination is the most used form of stimulation for a poet... well for me anyway :D

Just follow your heart, it doesn't matter what others think as long as you are happy with it :)

• Kuro
    15 years ago

It is hard to write when there is no inspiration tho. i've tried just locking myself in a room until something came out before, but i didn't like what came out as much. it just seemed to lack... meaning. it just seemed like i was writing a poem cause i had to, not because i wanted to.

a poem written without inspiration is like an argument without a point. i need something to inspire me. or else i won't like my own writting.

if i'm not writting from my heart, then i'm just writting from my head. that is the difference between writting with inspiration and without.

perhaps i am being too critical of my work... but, wouldn't you?