Weekly Contest Winners;

• forevertobeart
    14 years ago

Although I enjoy reading each winner's poem every week, I feel that some poet's win a little too much. No, I don't have anything against them! And I am not jealous, to clear that up! I just think there should be a limit to how many times a poet can win the weekly contest. Maybe a 3 or 5 winning limit? I don't know, maybe I'm just being dumb, but I want to see some fresh names on that front page. :)

Any other opinions on this?

• Courageous Dreamer
    14 years ago

I agree with you completely, I have felt that way too for a long time. I think that their should be a different panel every week [Unless there is and I am not aware of it]

• forevertobeart
    14 years ago

Well I wish I was a senior member then, so I could nominate some unknown but worthy poets. I'll just have to work on that. :)

• abracadabra
    14 years ago

I'm not sure about the merit of senior membership either...if you have written a hundred poems or been favourited by 20 people...does that really mean you're a better judge of poetry? Not on this site. At the very least, the ones with silver comment awards should be senior members...although that could still be tied to a popularity contest.

I can see how the senior membership award is still important as it reflects on the person's commitment to the site etc...so can't the seniors get some other exclusive elitist function? Like have a seniors club where they play virtual lawn bowls and dye their virtual hair blue?

I agree we need more variety. Anyone should be able to nominate poems here.

Especially I.

• abracadabra
    14 years ago

Nope, number of posts have nothing to do with senior membership, thank crap.

• forevertobeart
    14 years ago

Great idea!

• SolemnWish
    14 years ago

Wait. i thought only senior members could be nominated.
    I was told that by a senior member

• forevertobeart
    14 years ago

It's not about winning, it's about recognizing others every once in a while. And sometimes a little boost (of confidence, rather than ego) can inspire you to write even better than before.