What is everyones favourite book?

• Emma
    19 years ago

I love reading but was wondering what books everyone likes to read. What type of book do people like reading? Do people prefer romance or comedy? Love Emma xxx

• Ð맆îñ¥
    19 years ago

Hiya!!!
    hmm fave book. I love Lord of the rings but not enough to read it again in a hurry lol. I like the Terry Pratchett Bromeliad trilogy and ooh i really love The Secret Sacrament by Sheryl Jordan. Tis ace! I prefer comedy i think but it has be good or else it just doesn't work. Usually, however its some kinda mystery actionish thingy cos they're interesting.

lol sorry i know i said a few there.
    Wot bout u?

• Bret Higgins
    19 years ago

Best book I've read would be 1984 (George Orwell) or Red Storm Rising (Tom Clancy), for very different reasons.

The Emperor series by Conn Iggulden is a really very well written and absorbing collection.

The Nero Wolfe mysteries are fine examples of how a book should be written.

As for my favourite book? I'm writing it.. I'll let you know when I'm done.

Bert

• Emma
    19 years ago

Hiya Ð맆îñ¥,

I love mystery books too I like trying to work something out while reading a book. I also like comedy becasue I think it is nice to have a good laugh and read at the same time. Thanks for commenting. I also like the Harry Potter books and anything by Danielle Steel. Love Emma xxx

• Emma
    19 years ago

Hiya Ness!!

I have never heard of Dave Pelzer I will have to try one of his books. I also like the Harry Potter books. Love Emma xxx

• Emma
    19 years ago

Hiya Friends~

You have a great taste in books from classic literature to update books. That is the same as me. Love Emma xxx

• Emma
    19 years ago

Hiya Moana!!!

You also have a great taste in books. I also loved Of Mice and Men when I read the book for English as well. Have you seen the film? I also like the work of JK Rowling. Love Emma xxx

• Emma
    19 years ago

Hiya Bret/Bert

I love the books written by George Orwell. I will try The Nero Wolfe mysteries and take your word for it. Will let you know how I get on. Glad to hear you are writing a book. I find it easier to write short stories myself. Let me know how you get on. Love Emma xxx

• Emma
    19 years ago

Hiya Bob!

I also love Shakespeare, what it your favourite play overall. Let me know, that would be great! Love Emma xxx

• Tiffany
    19 years ago

Hello
    I actually have 2 favourites and they are 'Petals In The Ashes' and 'At The Sign Of The Sugared Plum' Which is the second book of petals in the ashes and were both written by Mary Hooper who is also my favourite author and i've liked all her books so far, The genre is romance! lol

• miss scooby
    19 years ago

OMG i just finished reading a kiss remember....OH MY, it was such a heart throbbing story...kinda twisted but GREAT...
    I like to read romance and mystery books.

• !*!Zoe!*!
    19 years ago

The Phantom Tollbooth

Bridge to Terabithia

Zipped

THe Georgia Nicholson series

The Lucky Santangelo series (my little weakness)

Angels & Demons

The Lovely Bones

Nancy Drew :-P

Three Junes

Are you there God? It's me, Margaret.

The Fledgling

Agatha Christie (Poirot! and "And then there were none")

Favorite Poems, Old and New

A Circle Unbroken

A Northern Light (Not to be confused with "Northern Lights")

And SO many more....

xoxZoexox

• Scarlette
    19 years ago

Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West

Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister

Bloodsucking Fiends

Harry Potter (The Prisoner of Azkaban & The Order of the Phoenix)

• Emma
    19 years ago

Hiya Tiffany!

I have not read either of these books but will always try something new. I will also try Mary Hooper. You can never go wrong with a good romance. Love Emma xxx

• Emma
    19 years ago

Hi Scooby,

I love mystery books being able to discover who did what I love it? I like to work things out. Love Emma xxx

• Emma
    19 years ago

Hi !*!Zoe!*!

You also have a great taste in books, I really like Nncy Drew books they are amazing. Love Emma xxx

• Emma
    19 years ago

OMG!!!!!

Hamlet is my favourite too. One of Shakespeare's best!!! Love Emma xxx ps. what else do you like??

• Emma
    19 years ago

Hey Bob,

That is so cool about your book. That is amazing. You are cool!! Love Emma xxx

• Emma
    19 years ago

Hi Suicide Slut,

I will try both of those books. Love Emma xxx

• Emma
    19 years ago

Hiya Ness,

Will try and get it out of the library on saturday. Love Emma xxx

• Emma
    19 years ago

Hi Scarlette,

I also love the Harry Potter books. Love Emma xxx

• chavii
    19 years ago

i luv bks ........cant do without them i all time fav r

Jane Eyre by charlotte bronte

Wuthering heights by emily bronte

Emma and persuation by jane austen

plays of william shakespear

basically i prefer classical works.

--chavii--

• Emma
    19 years ago

Hi Friends~

I used to read the Enid Blyton books. I would have to disagree with Jeffrey Archer, I think he is a good writer the same for Sidney Sheldon. I have not really got any favourite characters not that I can think about at hand. Might post once I have had a think later. Love Emma xxx

• Emma
    19 years ago

Hi Chavii

I also live my life on books. I love Shakespeare and like Bob my favourite is Hamlet. I do love classic books as well as modern books. What else do you like? Love Emma xxx

• Emma
    19 years ago

None taken Friends~

I have only read one of Sidney Sheldon's books and found it good, I am not sure how the others are. What age is 9th grade because I live in England and am not sure exactly what age that is. I do agree with you Archer is a talented writer. Love Emma xxx

• Emma
    19 years ago

I agree with you totally. Love Emma xxx

• Emma
    19 years ago

I have read ROOTS. Amazing!

• Bret Higgins
    19 years ago

My favourite character was Otto Skorzeny in the World War Two in the Balance series by Harry Turtle.

Skorzeny (in real life) was a nazi, a monster, a murderer and worse. Not a very nice man at all.

But he was also brave beyond words. The way he is changed by events to be a hero of sorts shows how men, even monsters, can be admired for raw courage.

Bert

***Even though I admire the man's heroic actions (even monsters have a code of honour) I HATE the guy with a vengeance and total conviction. I am neither a nazi, racist or anti-semite.***

• Kevin
    19 years ago

Illusions by Richard Bach

Vernon God Little by DBC Pierre

100 years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez

His Dark Materials trilogy by Richard Pullman

to name but a few....

• Eibutsina
    19 years ago

The Quran - my all time favourite 'book'
    Religious/philosophy books at the moment

• wings.in.flight.
    19 years ago

skating the edge - i cant remeber who its by
    winter - john marsden
    dear miffy - john marsden and
    checkers - john marsden

lol i really like john marsden

• Alya
    19 years ago

With the risk of sounding geeky (which I am anyways :o ) :
    I love Dune By Herbert...
    And this book I'm reading right now for my class( who could have thought?) Called: Reading Lolita in Tehran by Nafizi.
    LOrd of the rings is good too of course :o)

• chavii
    19 years ago

i forgot 2 add little women

• nikki @~~
    19 years ago

remember me
    of mice and men
    to kill a mocking bird
    no fixed address

• SweetDreamer
    19 years ago

Alice, I Think and the sequel to that book Miss Smithers. they're the best and the funniest books ever. lol. and Lucas by Kevin Brooks.

• Emma
    19 years ago

Hi Chavii

This is a good book a real classic and you have some great taste in books. Love Emma xxx

• chavii
    19 years ago

thank you emma :)

i must confess im obsessed wid bks they my best companions , its amazing how those characters becomes so real n u found urself among them ,feeling the emotions .tats where a writer's beauty lies .....making the unreal feel real just wid power of words.

last nite i got sidney sheldon's "are u afraid of the dark" fro my frnd i started reading it around 10 pm n by 6.30 am in morning i finished the bk

now u mite understand wat kind of reader i m:)

...love

--chavii--

• Emma
    19 years ago

Hi Chavii

I am absolutley the same I can get in a book and then will not come out until it is finished. I absolutely love reading and it is a huge part of me.

At the moment I am reading 'The Bloody Chamber' by Angela Carter, they are fairy tales written in a female perspective. Have you read it? Love Emma xxx

• Emma
    19 years ago

Will talk later Chavii. Love Emma xxx

• Nookie
    19 years ago

Sabriel
    Lirael
    Abhorsen

Great Series.