Too sensitive

• Aveena
    14 years ago

Is there a thing were people are too sensitive ?

-I mean I take everything in so deeply and like analize it before i make an action, ans just take everything to heart .. i end up feeling like [poop] when i take the bad road and I still do when i choose the good path because that's not what I wanted ..

• SolemnWish
    14 years ago

I'm like that too and I'm sure many people are. Some people are too sensitive like me, but it helps us make the right decisions more often because we choose to take paths that we've considered over and over again. It helps but yes, like you I do still wind up feeling like [poop] at the end of the day a lot ;)
    Its ok

• Elizabeth
    14 years ago

Is there such a thing as being too sensitive? Personally, I think it depends. I don't think that a person is "too sensitive", for example(s): At a funeral when one person may cry audibly and visibly while another may do so more internally. Or while watching almost any movie someone will find (unintentionally of course) a reason to cry where others may not.

However, I do believe that a person can be too sensitive if they take everything a person says or does, to them or even to others, personally or to heart.

• Aveena
    14 years ago

Lol thanks guy ...
    I thought it was just me who felt that way

^^yeah i meant 'But if you mean, "too sensitive", such as in they take things personally or to heart, then yes I do think that a person is too sensitive.
    '

• BeatsMe
    14 years ago

Girls will be girls. I still dont get what your trying to ask. I think people can be too sensitive. Also in general. In todays world everything has to be politcally correct and morally sound. If something even seems back or even kinda sorta maybe possibly sound just a tad bit wrong, its not allowed to be heard. People are too afraid of saying whats true and instead say whats "right". People are afraid to stereotype these days even though some stereotypes still apply. And then, theres people who are too sensitive to emotions. Girls are statistically more emotional than guys, and from the girls Ive known Id have to agree with it. I dont think theres anything wrong with people a lil sensitive though. It makes up for all the "cold hearted" people out there. If your too sensitive though and cry about every little thing, its a complete turn off and will make people run from you. Find that happy medium.

• Lethmelodis
    14 years ago

I'm not sure what I'm trying to say here... but I have a little thought on the matter.

Sensitivity, I think its possible to be a tad bit too "emotionally sensitive" (and I say this, because I feel like I'm in that boat), but I think the matter of "sensitivity" comes down to how an individual perceives and reacts to an emotion, not so much a matter of being too sensitive or insensitive.

Whether or not one "over-reacts" or "under-reacts" is all dependent on the context, how one perceives whats happening, and personal emotional response.

Point is, I think I just blew my own freaking mind.

• Rocky
    14 years ago

I think the problem is that people are too sensative to what dosnt matter- eg " my girlfriend just broke up with me, im gonna kill myself" etc etc and are yet just completly insensitive to what does matter. how many poor children are dying of starvation and disease and bullets and bombs. and yet we dont give a damn , we pretend to ourselves it is not real and console ourselves by thinking " and anyway just what can we do about it " yes we may give some charities a few pounds every month and feel good for being so caring.. but the proper reaction should be one of shock and horror and tears. not blind indifference

• Freedom
    14 years ago

I am sensitive also,and nobody can help me..no way

• Steady Stereotype
    14 years ago

I'm like that too. I wouldn't say that I think I need help or anything. It's part of who I am. I over-analyze every little thing and more often than not;; I analyze it negatively.

• Baby Rainbow
    14 years ago

Im far too sensitive, take everything to heart and have trouble accepting things for what they really are.

xx

• Elizabeth
    14 years ago

"I think the problem is that people are too sensative to what dosnt matter..."

^ I agree Rocky.

• Captivat3d
    14 years ago

Yes, it is possible for someone to be overly sensitive. Like, almost everything in life, there is a spectrum. Some people aren't sensitive at all to others' emotions or even towards their own and some people are dramatically over the top too sensitive. Everyone's different.

• Elizabeth
    14 years ago

Some people may be predisposed to interpret and respond to events or situations more sensitively than others (taking things to heart or as personal attacks against themselves or others) because of personality factors (such as if you have a Type A personality), biological factors (such as having some kind of mood disorder) or environmental factors (such as the way you're raised).

"If people stop putting negative connotations to everything..."

^ I definitely agree with that!

• xXUnKnOwNXx
    14 years ago

I think one of my major flaws is taking everything so seriously and sensitively. This in turn does not help in my depression.
    I'm trying to loosen up and it does help.

• 4 track demo
    14 years ago

A very wise doctor of mine told me that being hyper sensitive will be the death of me, meaning essentially this, the world is a cruel place, and many individuals will prey on your emotions once they discover that they can get to you, "let it go, let it go", blah!, if you can teach me that one i'll give you my damn car. personalities are very diverse and confusing, i always thought that being very emotional and such was a good thing, but after that wise man informed of that, i started to look at ALL the relationships in my life and came to the realization that for my own good i had to break some of those ties..

• iRobbiee
    13 years ago

I don't think you should change at all but I do the same as well if something happens I think about everything I don't just think about one thig,, does that make sense,? I think outside the box and then I get upset over something that is probably nothing