I Quit

• Kitten
    14 years ago

It has now been a year and two months since I have purposfully caused myeself pain. At the moment I am going through one of my epesoids where I crave it but I've been good and kept anything I could hurt myself with out of my room. For some reason recently my cravings have been more frequent but I'm not going to give in.

Is anyone going through a similer situation?

• Kuro
    14 years ago

I've almost turned to this a few times. it must be me or something but im deathly scared of needles and doctor visits, you see.

but i definately feel that need you feel. just to make things better, at least for a few minutes, hours.

but you will come down from your high back to reality and things will suck just as much as they did before you did it.

i know that doesn't sound like its going to help, i just want you to know that you are not alone in this feeling

• Sean
    14 years ago

Well done :) I used too self-harm when i was at school, that compulsion still comes back to me randomly and often brutally.

It's hard and during times where i feel the need, i come up with another strategy - often that strategy is in the comfort of friends for me.

• FindingHarmonyInYurCries
    14 years ago

Congrats.
    You should be proud of yourself _
    Not many people can achieve that by themselves. :))

• krysten
    14 years ago

Amazing you should be so proud of your self that is a huge thing to do...and yeah i have been there its hard but after a while you don't even ever want to do it....keep up the great work

• Saving Grace
    14 years ago

Congratulations. Thats something you should be really proud of, its not an easy thing to overcome. Keep up the good work. =)