Cheated?

• Brytanee
    14 years ago

Is there anyone on here, that has cheated on someone they have been with for a long time, & they never really told the other person what happened & when? If you didn't, are you still together?

I've been told "people make mistakes, this stuff happens" over & over again. But, I was just wondering if there is anyone who has cheated on the person they are/were with, for a very long amount of time, & just felt that, it truly was a mistake, & that they would never do it again & that it wasn't worth ruining the relationship, even though what was done, would ruin it if it were mentioned.

I kissed a guy.. While being with another guy, who I care greatly about.. & I feel so stupid claiming how much I truly care for him, when I did what I did. How can you care, or love someone, & kiss another? Is it true, that mistakes do happen? That some things, aren't worth mentioning?

I'm not this person.. I don't do things like this. I deserve everything that is to come..

• Beautiful Chaos
    14 years ago

I have made that mistake and I owned up to it, was it pleasant? No, I felt like a total idiot to put it nicely, but if the relationship was going to continue, I had to come clean. Mistakes do happen, but when it happens more than once it is no longer a mistake.

• Tori Hicks
    14 years ago

I never told the guy I cheated on...
    And I regret it.
    I never heard from him again, and I have no closure.
    If you truly care about your boyfriend, you'll own up to what you did. If he really loves you, you can both work it out.
    I know it's not easy, but still..

• Will
    14 years ago

I made the mistake and didn't want to live up to it. But, I did anyways and decided i'm never doing that again.

• Jamie Lorraine
    14 years ago

I have been cheated on before by my ex-boyfriend. unforuntatly it was a friend that he cheated on me with who he dated before me.
    I have forgave them both but me and him are no longer together (thank God) but I am still friends with the girl who I cherish our friendship. and I love her dearly

• KJ
    14 years ago

I have not physically cheated on anyone, but I have emotionally (if that makes sense). While in a relationship (about 2 months into it), I started talking to someone else. I didnt consider it cheating at the time of course, I was so young, but now I know. I have apologized and she has forgiven me and we are now friends.

• Elizabeth
    14 years ago

"Mistakes do happen, but when it happens more than once it is no longer a mistake."

^ I do agree with you that if it has happened or does happen more than once you can no longer call it a mistake. I don't believe that cheating on someone, whether you are in a short-term or long-term relationship, is a mistake in the act of cheating itself because my own personal feelings are if you truly love someone that you wouldn't cheat on them to begin with. However, people do mistake their feelings. Perhaps, for example, you are not in love with the person you are with, that is understandable. Although that doesn't mean I condone cheating on them or would advise others to do so. If you don't have any feelings for the person you are with and you want to find someone you do have feelings for then you should be honest with that other person about it and get out of the relationship on good terms. There are just so many factors to consider.

• KJ
    14 years ago

Whether you are in a short-term or long-term relationship, is a mistake in the act of cheating itself because my own personal feelings are if you truly love someone that you wouldn't cheat on them to begin with.

^^I totally agree Elizabeth.

I stated above that I have cheated before. I believe that I was just really young and immature at the time. Nowadays, at 15 and 16 years old, teenagers think that they are so in love, not really knowing the true meaning of love. I seeked attention from others while in a relationship with someone I THOUGHT I was in love with; but apparently it wasn't love at all. I have been with someone for a year now, and I can truly say that I am IN love. I see no one other than her and I know that I couldnt want/desire for someone else.

• WaitAutumn
    14 years ago

Although i respect this point of view, i do not entirely agree.
    Who has written what love is and what isn't? Imaginary rules... of what is right and wrong. Can anybody give a definition of love? i don't believe there is.
    A desire? attraction? affection? Happily ever after? As in fairy tales? That the one true love is eternal? But nothing is endless, nothing in life - so why should love be?
    i don't believe "cheating" is a form of betrayal. But by respect for the other, it's better to end it before, or talk about it. As in the beginning of all relationships (friendship or more) there is confidence. Then one is free to break it or not.

But why if you truly love someone, you would become their possession?

• KJ
    14 years ago

But why if you truly love someone, you would become their possession?

^^Wow. That is a very good question eh.

• WaitAutumn
    14 years ago

I'm just saying..
    don't take me for the -YES cheating is good- type you know? i'm not like that.

• Lori
    14 years ago

Cheating is NEVER good. No matter how good of an excuse a person has for it, it's never good enough because they did it. However, things do happen. It's just a matter of what you do about it. You can either continue to cheat, or you can start over and no longer cheat and learn your lesson. If you choose the first one, then it shows that you have learned absolutly nothing and you need to dump them because you are wasting their time. But if you choose to never do it again, then I think that you could get away with not telling them. That is, if you have the right conscience. It is entirely up to you in the long run because none of us can tell you how you feel.

• krysten
    14 years ago

Yes mistakes can happen all the time i have never personally done it but my best friend did it with the girl she is seeing right now and i honestly have never seen her cry as much as she did that day it was horrible to watch how much she hated hersefl for it...so yeah mistakes happen shit happens you should own up to and make him see how sorry you are and trust me if he loves you he will forgive you...but don't get me wrong there will be consiquences for your actions but if you care as much as it appears you do you can make it up to him and you two can have the relationship you always wanted to have

• Elizabeth
    13 years ago

I respect that you respect my opinion and likewise I respect yours, but I don't know what you have to disagree about you just agreed to everything I'd said.

"Who has written what love is and what isn't? Imaginary rules... of what is right and wrong. Can anybody give a definition of love? i don't believe there is."

^ What love is and isn't, as well as for what is right and wrong, is in the hearts and minds of the beholder. You believe that despite a person, or people, truly loves another, or each other, that they can do whatever, or in this case whomever, they want. Which is true, people can and do do what they want with who they want, but it also sounds like just another excuse to cheat. Should that other person being cheated on just accept that? Who wants to be in a relationship where they know that eventually they're going to be cheated? I sure don't. You say you're not the "cheating is okay" type but you are painting an entirely different picture. I stick by my belief that if you truly love someone you wouldn't feel the need nor would there be an excuse to cheat on them. You would show them the respect they deserve. If there are problems in the relationship you talk about it, be honest and try to work them out together as opposed to cheating on them with someone else, or if you don't have any feelings for them anymore the same way you use to and you want to find someone else you should be honest with them about it and try to leave the relationship on good terms as opposed to cheating. By all means you can choose to stay with someone who doesn't respect you and hurts in such a way, but if someone disrespected me or hurt me in that way they can find someone else who will put up with it because I won't. There's no second time because there wouldn't be a first time. I don't expect people to be perfect, but I do expect them to respect me. It's not too much to ask.

"But why if you truly love someone, you would become their possession?"

^ You see love as an ownership; I see love as a willful act. I do not feel obligated to be faithful, I am willingly committed to the person I love. I do not love him because it's expected of me, because he loves me, I love him unconditionally. I don't consider myself to have been taken by someone, like a piece of property, but rather that I have given myself to someone of my own free will and am sharing my life. I love him with my body, mind and soul, I would never cheat on him.

My question is, is it really that "hard" to not cheat on someone you love so much?