How do I know when to give up on my ex girlfriend, when she is t

• Josiah Larson
    14 years ago

My ex-girlfriend broke up with me back in January 13th, its been almost three months now. She broke up with me because she thought I didn't love her and she could never make me happy. We lived together and work at the same place, I spent every second with her!
    After work I vented to her in the car a lot and things were always negative but it was mostly about work, well that started to rub off onto other things such as problems with us! I admit I have some controlling issues but they got better at the end of our relationship, I have always been honest with this girl and never have cheated on her. I dated her because she was a very special girl, she was different from ANY girl I have ever met in my entire life, she respected her self and treated herself with respect.. she never was a whore and never cheated on anyone.
    She believed in the same morals as I did.

Well its been almost three months and I still haven't gave up yet. My ex still talks with her ex on the phone and have only met up like 3-4 times. Her ex lives in India. She just now is going down there this weekend for 5 days, My feelings haven't changed with her at all. My ex ( Alexandra, but Alex for short) says to me that she wants to be friends with me and with her ex also. I know shes not the kind of girl that would want to be friends with benefits! that is one of many reasons why I love her.

For the past week she has been telling me that she missed me and misses my hugs and that she can feel that I love her, and when her other ex (Jacob) hugs her she says that it just feels like a normal hug.. Also I was at her house the last day saying goodbye to her as she left to go see him this weekend, she hugged me and kissed me on the forehead!

How do I know that she means all what she says or is she just saying it? I wanna believe her, I really do! She broke my heart so how I do know what is real and what isn't? No matter if she thinks she leading me on or not my feelings are going to be lead on no matter what, because I love her, because of the smallest hope.

I know Alex hasn't played any guy before I was her longest relationship, She always had a long relationship, like I said this is a decent girl, I'm just confused what is happening to her the past couple of months.

Jacob did break her heart and it did hurt her a lot and then I came into her life and things seemed to be going well. When Alex and I first started out it was hard for her to get over Jacob, but I helped her threw it and I know she really loved me in time.

Anyway I don't know what to do, I'm lost and I don't know if I should give on her or keep trying to be with her, I know I'm hurt and want someone to be with me, Three months is the longest I have ever been single, I came from a four year relationship to a 2 1/2 years with my last ex and I'm only 22 years old. I miss the comfort and I miss her most of all! I know that love is worth fighting for and its been three months and I was with her for over two years, whats a couple more months? or is there no hope at all?

Everyday it feels like she just broke up with me a few minute ago. I know there are things that she doesn't like about Jacob, and that there are things about me that she doesn't like either. Its like its a gamble.

I just can't seem to let go of Alex.. I know there are signs telling me to let go of her, I guess its hard to let go of something that is so special to me.

I have put my life on hold since she broke up with me, I have done some things that I regret after she broke up with me... ( no, not whoring around I'm not like that. ) But I did met up with a some girls, but I never had sex with any of them, I was close but never did.

I'm a wreck with out her, I'm depressed and don't feel like doing anything, but when I'm with her I'm so happy.. it feels like my heart is exploding even though we are broke up.

Anyway Sorry I could go on and on but none of you will ever understand her or myself or how she feels or how I feel, I'm just venting and hoping for some kind of answer.

Thank You so much!

• Josiah Larson
    14 years ago

Your right I can't put my life on hold, I was going to see how things were when she comes back and see if she really was going to close the door for her other ex. She went down to see him because she wanted to see him of course but also went down there to see some other friends.
    If she comes back and realizes that he not what she wants then I will keep trying but if shes still confused I can't be hurt anymore, I need to be comforted also!

I also need to spend more time on myself like you said and work on some issues.

Thanks =)

• XxBabii GirlxX
    14 years ago

Britts right.

i also think shes only saying those things so youll stick around and be there for her if it dosent work out with the other guy.
    you need to live your life and enjoy it even if it seems hard to do.

i made a mistake some what like yours and i regreat it so much. i stayed around and waited for my ex and i kept telling myself that he truly does loves me. i know he did but he had other plans for his life and i just stayed around waiting for him to come back and all that did was hurt me cause i saw that he was happy and i wasnt.
    so i think you should move on and try to live your life and maybe you'll find someone who wont leave you and who truly does love you cause i know that i have found the one for me and all i had to do is look around an relize what i was doing and how much i was hurting myslef by staying around and waiting

• Josiah Larson
    14 years ago

I know your right, I can't wait for ever to see if she wants to be with me. I do need to live my own life other wise i'll be stuck in her addiction for ever.

Right now I'm waiting for her to come back and after I see how she reacts and happy or sad she looks when she comes back ill know how she feels and all that good stuff.

I'm only going to give it a little more time and then thats it because its not fair to myself what she is doing to me.

• Josiah Larson
    13 years ago

Your right I should shouldn't want to be with someone that doesn't know what they want, But I could be there for them to help them threw it all.

Yes it does hurt but love is difficult, and love is worth fighting for!

If she comes back she may do it again but loves a gamble of life! Am I supposed to just move on? How could I say that I ever loved her if I just did that?

• Elizabeth
    13 years ago

"But I could be there for them to help them threw it all..."

^ Yes, but you can only "be there" for that person to an extent... In the long run, it's a journey that they must make on their own. Besides, you can't convince someone to want to be with you.

"Am I supposed to just move on?"

^ Yes. What else can you do? You can live in misery or what have you if you like, but what kind of life is that to live? As hard as it might be for you to see at this point in your life, life moves on and eventually, in time, you will move on as well just like she will move on with her life with or without you.

"How could I say that I ever loved her if I just did that?"

^ The truth is, when you love someone, despite the fact they may have moved on or you had moved on, even when they are no longer part of this world, you will always house a place for them in your heart.