About engagement and marriage

• Hopeless Romantic
    14 years ago

Okay i don't know how people do this stuff when they're about to propose and get married. when you first get engaged the girl has the ring and all but when you're at the alter and the husband puts the ring on the girls finger what in the world happens to the engagement ring if you have the wedding ring? or does the girl have to give it back so it can be put back on her finger again? or does the fiance go and buy a new ring? im so confused....

• Hopeless Romantic
    14 years ago

And what is the bridal set?

• Hopeless Romantic
    14 years ago

Lol i wouldn't worry about the size ring i'm so not materialistic like that. that's funny though lol...so basically the bridal set is the rings for the fiance and fiancee. but not for when you are about to walk down the aisle?

• Hopeless Romantic
    14 years ago

Oh ok that's way better. i just always thought that the girl took off her ring for the cermony. that was a crazy thought.

• Natalie84
    14 years ago

Bob would be the one to point out that men only get a band...you want a diamond Shank? You can have mine!!! hahahaha

• Hopeless Romantic
    13 years ago

Oh ok i thought correct then...lol but that's only if yu don't have a set right?

• DeathsRose
    13 years ago

From my understanding and from everything I was ever told when the guy proposes the girl gets an engagement ring and when they get married the guy slips a wedding band on the same finger as the engagement ring just slip it on while the engagement ring is still on (never taken off)

• XxBabii GirlxX
    13 years ago

Im getting married and my fience bought a ring set.. i have the one with the diamond and when we get married he will put the band on.. and later u can to a jewlery store and have them put together..
    thats what im doing

• Elizabeth
    13 years ago

"Man that's all you damn women worry about, the size ....of the ring.....lmao"

^ Haha, we're not all worried about the size of the diamond. I really don't care how big the diamond is, I'm actually more interested in the band the diamond is on. I've seen duo colored rings (white gold and yellow gold or white gold and rose gold, etc.) that overlap each other that I find quite exquisite.

My understanding was that when the man proposes the woman gets an engagement ring and during the wedding both the man and woman exchange the wedding bands (and the woman's engagement ring never removed). I don't think it really matters does it, to each their own.

I still don't understand the concept of the promise ring.

[edit]

Just a thought. What if the woman proposes to the man? Does he just get a wedding band or does he get an engagement ring and the wedding bands come later? Are there any guys here who have or had been presented with a man-gagement ring who can shed some light? Lol

• Viola
    13 years ago

Well some engagement rings now a days are sold with a matching wedding band too. So you can wear both together on your ring finger. At the altar you give each other the wedding bands as far as I know.

• A Phoenyx in Flight
    13 years ago

My friend kept the engagment ring and then on her wedding day she got a beautiful gold band for her wedding ring so she could keep both the rings..

• silvershoes
    13 years ago

I wouldn't mind a sterling silver ring. Just a solid band.

I don't really care. Meh.

• Clown
    13 years ago

Personaly, I feel the ring, rather it be a set or singles, or whatever, holds little importantce. Its design is symbolic to, not the couple in themselves, but those who see the band shall know that they are morally obligated to another. Those, like me and my wife, choose openly not to wear the ring. We dont need it. We are together till the end and we know it. So remember, in the end, the ring is a symbol, not a requirment............like being christian and wearing a cross, not needed but still done

• HisBlueEyedAngel
    13 years ago

That is the same question I always have is what happens to it?

• ChaoticallyMe
    13 years ago

I know I've got it wrong. I'm wearing the "engagement" ring right now (cheesy with LOVE where the O is the diamond and her name engraved on mine and my name on her ring. I love it haha). My fiancee is wearing the matching ring (smaller diamond haha :P). For the wedding, I'll be getting another set which would be nicer (better design and most likely bigger diamonds on her ring to be "fair" haha) but not to be worn everyday and instead, we'll just keep wearing the "engagement" rings.

• Beauty In The Breaking
    13 years ago

Lol I've always understood that unless you have the set, which is the engagement ring with the diamond and then the band to go on during the wedding and then they can be attached together, the woman gets the engagement ring, whatever style you choose and then she takes it off before the ceremony and puts it on another finger on her right hand or in a safe place so that the wedding ring will fit. Like my fiance and I went with a person engagement ring and then we're looking at slightly simpler wedding bands of white and yellow gold mixed together in a design, but we haven't totally agreed on the wedding rings yet lol And he's just wearing a plain band right now on his ring finger as his engagement ring.

I'll wear both after the wedding and just wear the ring I was given when he proposed on another finger lol Really it depends on your personal choice. I know some people who wear the engagement ring on a chain around their necks, choose to keep it in a safe to be passed on to their children, wear it as well or they have the sets that hook together. Really up to you

• Hopeless Romantic
    13 years ago

Dark Angel i thought thats how it went too!