I think its too soon

• TSI25
    13 years ago

My girlfriend and i are really, really into each other, shes 15 and i'm 17, and we both want sex. the problem is we've only been dating for two weeks, i don't know that i'm ready for that level of commitment, and i don't want her to jump into something she might regret out of inexperience. ive been doing other stuff with her, we went on a picnic and i took her to the state park, we watch movies, we swing dance with a local group, things like that. this sunday we are planning on cooking dinner for ourselves but im running out of alternative activities to sex... if i could get help on either front that would be nice ^^;

• hehasmyheart
    13 years ago

You've been dating for 2 wks get to know each other I will admit both of you are way too young to experience sex right now you don't have to have sex right now just enjoy each others company. You don't want to rush and have sex and regret it if you and her break up that wud be a terrible thing love takes time take it one step at a time. These days there are too many teens getting pregnant at a young age just be careful and enjoy being a couple I hope I helped but take things easy go to the movies, mall, out to eat, bowling, if she likes fishing take her out just enjoy the time together!

• TSI25
    13 years ago

She doesnt want me to spend money on her, but we watch movies that we rent at eachothers houses, nowhere to fish around here but ill consider bowling and the mall, any other ideas?

also for reference i am not a virgin, however she is. its why i dont think sex is a good idea this early, im aware of this from experience

• ChaoticallyMe
    13 years ago

^That's not fair to say. Where's the fire Brit? The passion of LOVE. Can't you feel it burning in the gut? haha I don't think it proves immaturity to want to be sexual..although waiting until you no longer want to see their wrinkled-collagen free bods might prove quite a bit of uh..maturity.

Immaturity should be pointed out in other ways.

If the two of you love-birds can't sit down yourselves and talk about this..I'd say that proves immaturity (of the individual and of the relationship). Think and talk..together. So long as it's not illegal, you two hold the responsibility and choice. Make it count.

• TSI25
    13 years ago

We have talked about this, we want to wait, we also want to do it. id like to have alternative things to do, not that im saying that if we ran out of ideas we would immediately just have sex, but i think its good to have something like a list of activities to do, you know?

im not positive why we shouldnt be allowed to do things alone, last week we quadruple dated when we went swing dancing, but ill look for people to double date with us.

• ChaoticallyMe
    13 years ago

There is no better alternative is there? If it's not illegal, why not? There's the desire and it's on both sides. You two are already "doing other stuff" right? Go with the flow of things. If there should be a stop sign along the way then just stop. Don't have to rush it but don't try to avoid it either. It could make you less patient and less careful. Haha says the devil.

I wasn't clear on it but I don't think you are immature. My point was't to point out your maturity either. I just wanted to correct those that would assume all teenagers are immature. We don't know you well enough to judge.

• TSI25
    13 years ago

She will be 16 in a couple days, not that it matters too much.

anyway britt it would be more helpful if you could help me come up with fun stuff to do together, rather than explain how its bad because we are so young, that is what i initially asked. if i didnt think it was wrong, i wouldnt have brought this thread into existence

• TSI25
    13 years ago

Dancing, music, cooking, neither of us are that much into sports

she doesnt want me to spend money on her, so that kinda roots out restaurants and movie theaters

• sibyllene
    13 years ago

Britt, those are all great ideas! I might steal some of them for my dates.

To the OP, take what Britt's saying to heart about staying out in public. I know it's hard to control those hormones, especially when she's looking so freaking hot tonight and you used extra shower gel so you'd smell good just in case.... but try to keep it in perspective. A night (well, maybe we'll just say 10 minutes) of pleasure isn't worth years of lingering uncertainties. Even if you are crazy about each other, statistically speaking it probably won't last forever, so there's the fallout from that.

I was a few years older than you when I first started to get all frisky, and for me, THAT was still too soon. I can't imagine being 15 and being content with that, in the long run.

Sorry, I know you were looking for ideas, not for a lecture. I really respect the angle you're taking on this, and think it's honourable of you. So just try to stay out of the bedroom/ deserted den. Go window shopping, play board games with your families, play video games with your friends, fly kites in the park.. etc. If all else fails, chastity belts are pretty off-putting.

• TSI25
    13 years ago

Im going to clarify something really quickly

i have decided NOT TO HAVE SEX, i thought i made this CLEAR INITIALLY. its why im asking for alternative activities now, all of your comments are appreciated but i understand why and how it would be the wrong thing to do, and thats precisely why im not doing it

• sibyllene
    13 years ago

We know, guy. It just seems like, since you're desperate for alternative ideas to keep you from "doing it," you might have needed a tad bit of extra convincing.

• silvershoes
    13 years ago

This is pretty hilarious.
    Hey guy, in case you're not clear on this... DON'T HAVE SEX! For the last time, don't do it!

Just kidding.

Britt's ideas are great. I need a boyfriend, geez.

You could also...
    -Hike
    -Bike
    -Squirrel fish in a park
    -Scavenger hunt

• TSI25
    13 years ago

How does one squirrel fish? biking sounds fun, i love to bike, ill ask her if she wants to

• HisBlueEyedAngel
    13 years ago

Well you guys only dating for two weeks...You both still have lots of things to learn about each other. You don't have to be out doing something to not have Sex. You guys can spend the day talking to each other telling things about yourself. You guys may be ready who knows but I think you guys should take some time to get each other some more.

• TSI25
    13 years ago

I love pictionary, scrabble too, ill ask her about those, we also have blokus but it needs 4 players :\

• Maverick
    13 years ago

You could also play sort of cooperative games against other people. Make a joint account on pogo.com or any games site and competing against other people are a fun way to bond and you know even playing things like scrabble and boggle and all that online can cause laughter and bring you two together as you vanquish your opponents. I don't want to say sit in front of a computer all day but just a little alternative it can be fun and there are many things available to you online, lots of variety ! Fight your way atop the leaderboards, but mostly just have fun together.

• Poet on the Piano
    13 years ago

Since when did sex become such a lustful temptation? Without a commitment and giving your soul over to your significant other during marriage, if you do have sex, what are you fulfilling? Surely it just for lust and you will soon view men/women as sexual objects. It makes me want to leave this world sometimes to know that so many young people completely butcher the meaning of sex and just think of what they can get from it- selfish pleasure. Sex is meant for procreation! SO what? If you get a girl pregnant, you will leave her and suggest to her to get an abortion! Where is the will of God in this act?

Sorry rambling...

Side note: I don't understand why people date so early, if he doesn't have the qualities and heart you are looking for in marriage, you are wasting your time, you are still so freakin' young! Why led yourself into this, how can you trust him with everything you have? How do you know he isn't going to use you? Sex is meant for marriage, where it will bond with God's purpose for sacrifice.

Sorry but I do not understand why people would want to publicize these relationships, my Lord have mercy, it isn't something you share with the world!
    Sorry again...Phew.

• Poet on the Piano
    13 years ago

Don't be pressured into anything.

Do not feel like you need to entertain her, if she is not satisfied, too bad! You stay true to your motives and don't change for her!

• Lost Innocence
    13 years ago

My boyfriend and i have been together for 9 MONTHS.....2 weeks adn you wan to rip each others clouths off, well thats kind of strange, but it does also depend on how long you have known each other.......double dates might help.....but PLEASE don't rush her, and you also have to think if she just wants you so she can use you for her plesure then dump you...same goes for you. I'mn only 13 and my boyfriend and i talk about sex sometime but the idea of doing it just doesn't sound right....wait awhile....besides you shouldn't be haveing sex till you are married.

• Darien
    13 years ago

I know this post is probably a bit late, but I'm hoping you're still take suggestions.

Volunteer. It's always good to give back to your community. The two of you should sign up to do some volunteer work. A shelter, a food bank, nursing home, where ever you feel comfortable helping out. It's a great way to spend quality time with each other, and a great way to give back.

• Viola
    13 years ago

First of all, I believe you need to be in love before you have sex, I assume you two are not in two weeks. You are probably just infatuated and greatly attracted to each other, which is a good thing.

I'm glad you are trying to prevent her from making a possible mistake. Regardless of what others say, I think that does prove maturity on your part.

There are many physical things you can do that are not sex, but related. I won't list specifics, but you know what they are. Start small and build up the passion slowly. This will also help her get used to the idea, before doing the actual deed. Doesn't mean that the first time you see each other naked you have to have sex. SLOW DOWN but also enjoy each other.