How do I tell someone my feelings have changed?

• A F
    13 years ago

.....Without hurting them?

• Aveena
    13 years ago

I belive pain is inevitable in a situation like that..

• Jad
    13 years ago

I'm with Britt on this one. There really isn't any way to go about it nicely just don't try beating around the bush about it. Just tell them.

• Clown
    13 years ago

Just be honnest, its ganna hurt, and he aint ganna like it, but trust me, just come out with it and everything will work itself out from there.

• A F
    13 years ago

Thanks guys. I will try. I was supposed to tell him yesterday, but I chickened out. Thanks again.

• Elizabeth
    13 years ago

You should try to work up the courage to tell him soon, he'll likely want to know how long you have felt this way and if you tell him it's been a while now he may be even more hurt that you couldn't come talk to him about it. Just a thought.

Question, what do you mean when you say your feelings have changed? Do you mean that you really liked him or loved him but those feelings have changed, or is it in regards to something else? Hope it works out.

• A F
    13 years ago

Yea, I figured. It's just we haven't talked yet. He's busy with uni I think.

Well, weeks ago I posted some discussion on here with the subject PSEUDO RELATIONSHIP (http://www.poems-and-quotes.com/discussion/topic.html?topic_id=127171) and I'm pertaining to the same guy. And I was (maybe still am) kind of confused whether it's really love or not. I was reading a book last night: Sex, Love, or Infatuation How Can I Really Know? by Ray E. Short. And I think I'm just in denial that I'm only infatuated not in love with the guy. Idkkkkkk. But still it sucks.

• Dark Secrets
    13 years ago

I think you need to figure out why you're feeling the way you are, then tell him. One, it'll be easier to tell him then and two, you won't feel that guilty about it. Plus it's better ending a relationship when it's not working then wasting time in it when you know nothing more is going to happen. Which also means you need to figure out why you want to be in a relationship in the first place. Because a change in feelings could mean many things; it could mean the relationship is getting stale and rutineish, or that you're afraid of commitment, or that you found out that this is not what you want in life or that you're bf is not who you thought he was. Figure that out, then tell him.

• Lost Innocence
    13 years ago

The truth hurts...tell them to suck it up

• A F
    13 years ago

I'm just waiting for the right time to tell him. We can't seem to find time to really talk with each other. Supposedly yesterday, but he screwed up. Didn't show up. So F that :|