Finally Single!!!

• Lost Innocence
    13 years ago

Ok.....i'm done with my boyfriend....now ex-boyfriend........i'm looking for someone that can make me feel special..or maybe i'll just stay single....does any one have some advice for a situation like this???

• Darien
    13 years ago

^^

Agreed as well. Love will find a way. (that reminds me of some song.. no idea what)

• Darien
    13 years ago

Oh ya! good call Britt!

• Lost Innocence
    13 years ago

Lol....i don't listen to the beatles but ok...thanks Britt, Darien, and Llexi..it means alot......Love can be overrated some times, i think

• sibyllene
    13 years ago

Love isn't overrated, but superfluous relationships are. I've always figured that people should stay single unless they can help it. : ) Especially when you're a teenager! Be in love when you're in love, but don't be in relationships just because you want a relationship. Date around, have fun, and grow in yourself. Love happens.

• WaitAutumn
    13 years ago

Enjoy it - take some time for yourself

• Captivat3d
    13 years ago

I agree with everyone.

If you really are 13 you should stay single and have fun. I've wasted so much time on guys as a teenager and missed out on a lot becuz I spent all my time focusing on my bf. I know you think you know everything but really you don't. Have fun, you're young.

I'm finally single after being in relationships since I was 16. It feels refreshing but odd at the same time. Of course everyone loves that companionship but this time, I'm going to have fun and let things just happen.

Good luck.

• Lost Innocence
    13 years ago

Yeah, well i am a very good multitascer.....i so spelled that wrong oh well...thanks every one for the advice :D

• Elizabeth
    13 years ago

I agree with what everyone else has said. I'm a firm believer in not searching for love or relationships.

"Love isn't overrated, but superfluous relationships are. I've always figured that people should stay single unless they can help it. : ) Especially when you're a teenager! Be in love when you're in love, but don't be in relationships just because you want a relationship. Date around, have fun, and grow in yourself. Love happens."

^ I couldn't agree more. Now a days it seems like a lot of people like the idea of being in a relationship or having someone there more than they actually appreciate that relationship or the actual person. My belief growing up was, and still is, that you shouldn't be in a relationship with someone just because you want to be or because everyone else is or has been. You should wait until you're ready for a relationship or to be with someone and until you meet someone you feel strongly for. To me, those are the best kinds of relationships, the ones that naturally construct themselves over time. Not the ones that are forced.

I knew someone at my high school who told me once, when she was 14, that she didn't want to be single anymore and that she would say yes to the first guy to ask her out. As Britt said, if you go in search for love or for a relationship, you can come across as needy or desperate, not to mention you can appear to be settling--Not endearing qualities.

My advise, for now, just to be single or as I prefer to say "Save Yourself" (if you haven't heard that song look it up, it's by Senses Fail). Don't push yourself onto someone or rush into a relationship. Let your feelings grow naturally and when you meet someone you feel strongly for let the relationship grow naturally over time. Spend less time wanting to be or looking to be in a relationship or that special someone; spend more time hanging out with your friends, focused in school, working hard, having fun and doing the things you've always wanted to do. Cherish those moments.

• Hopeless Romantic
    13 years ago

I believe in let love come looking for. it always works out that way cuz it does find you. if you look for it u might look in all the wrong places to get it.

• Viola
    13 years ago

Being single can be fun, a lot of fun. Haha. Well relationships also have wonderful benefits. But I say enjoy being single for now, unless someone pops up.

• Elizabeth
    13 years ago

^ I completely agree with you. I just had to come back and comment on that. Being single can be a lot of fun. I truly believe people, especially when they're still teenagers and still in high school, should stay single as long as they can or at least wait to be in a relationship with someone else until it's someone they have strong feelings for.

But, if you do want to date then have fun doing it, don't make it a project. By that I mean don't make it a project to find "The One" or "Mr./Ms./Mrs. Right". Also, don't live in the past or in the future, just enjoy the time you get to spend with that person and live in that moment.

• Beauty In The Breaking
    13 years ago

I've been in relationships since I was 16, a serious one since I was 17. Just have fun being young without having to worry about your boyfriend, you're only young once, embrace it :) And like everyone said, if you go looking for love you won't find what you're hoping for, let it come to you :) It will and it'll be so much better and sweeter :)

• Lost Innocence
    13 years ago

^^thanks...i'll think about that:D

• Mello193
    13 years ago

Follow that heart thing

• Clown
    13 years ago

Dont look, then hel come to you, he may be closer then you think

• hisxgurl
    12 years ago

Its betta 2 be single..in my p.o.v!