Jersey Shore

• TragicRomance
    13 years ago

Why is it that the show Jersey Shore is such a contagious outbreak? It give us Italians SUCH a bad rep. Only IDIOTS fist pump. And all they do is get totally hammered beyond the point of ANY recolation. Hmm. What is this world becoming?

• Sean
    13 years ago

Fist pump? =S

• mistressxsork
    13 years ago

If people are dumb enough to see all Italians a certain way because of some show then why do you care about their opinion anyway?

• H. Elizabeth
    13 years ago

I don't watch Jersey Shore. I think it's stupid. But, when I do think of Itallions, I think of spaghetti, romance, pasta dinners with candles and dimmed lights. I also think of Itallion music (-:
    My church puts on a Spaghetti supper and it really seems like your in Italy lol.

• TragicRomance
    13 years ago

I mean i love pasta and wine.. But the whole getting completely wasted all day and night just doesnt seem right to me

• Shellaine shelli
    13 years ago

Someone posted a picture on facebook to my wall and it was pretty funny. it had a picture of all the people from jersey shore and underneath had a quote saying

"when life hands you douches, you get jersey shore" - there were a bunch of others like "lets eat grandma or "lets eat, grandma... PUNCTUATION!! it saves lives. and some other really funny ones.

i have quite a few friends who are italian and i fully agree, that if people make the stereotype and assume that all italians are like those on jersey shore, well then they're just ignorant:)

• livefreebright
    12 years ago

Because this show is hilarious. lol

• Liquid Grace
    12 years ago

I watch the show and I don't think they give Italians a bad name. I think it's more representative of how people from Jersey are. I'm Italian and none of my family acts like that or friends. I watched a different show on the shore and the summer there. The people they filmed were pretty much the same as the cast of Jersey shore. But then again I'm sure not every person from jersey shore is like that either.

I don't know I guess I just take people to be smart enough not to think an entire culture is like that. After all, how many Italians while their in Italy have you seen that match the casts character? I have yet to see it. What a better way to compare then them being in Italy itself. However a huge however, Italians are very outspoken and do speak their minds, they are about family and tradition especially old school Italian. I would never want to cross my Great Aunt Leona. Their values are rooted heavily in respect, family and tradition as many cultures are. I do seem to notice that Italians are just a bit more 'chatty' and loud then others. Which I love :D

I think people are smart enough to realize also that it's reality TV, don't be fooled by the 'reality' part of it. I believe some of it to be genuine but other parts not so much.

• Selfrejected
    12 years ago

It's drama and lots of it for no apparent reason most of the time. Just a bunch of drunk people doing dumb crap. Reminds me of folk in the military when in foreign ports. 'Tis why I watch it.

• HOLLY ARMER
    12 years ago

I love the show! It's hilarious!

I wouldn't compare Italians to the Jersey Shore cast anymore than I'd compare the people from The Real World show to real people. So much of the norm is left on the cutting room floor. They only show the drama cuz that's where the money is.

• sibyllene
    12 years ago

Whoa, Holly Armer! Blast from the past. I doubt you remember me at all, but you were one of the first people to ever read and comment on my poems, back in EOP. Have you been hanging around here all this time?

• HOLLY ARMER
    12 years ago

I do remember you! I haven't been back on the site in quite sometime. Still fighting writers block but finally feeling like I'm missing something and want to conquer it.
    Figured it was time to come back to where I grew poetically. Hoping for just a lil of the magic I used to find here. It's sooo different though.

• sibyllene
    12 years ago

Well, welcome back! There have sure been a lot of changes, be we're still truckin along!

• HOLLY ARMER
    12 years ago

Thanks! : )

• Elizabeth
    12 years ago

Jersey Shore is not, how you say, my cup of tea (that's saying it nicely, lol). How many Jersey Shores are there anyways? They remind me of those The Real Housewives of [insert name] shows. I think there's like seven of them: Beverly Hills, Orange County, New Jersey, New York, Atlanta, DC and Miami. Too much?

The kind of reality shows I enjoy most are the documentary-style, historical and life-style changing reality shows. I'm currently watching: X-Weighted, Dr. Phil, Tabatha's Salon Takeover, Storage Wars, Ghost Hunters and Destination Truth. I also enjoy watching on occasion: Dr. Oz, Auction Hunters, Mantracker, Last 10 Pounds, Bulging Brides, The Dog Whisperer and At The End of My Leash. I can't even count how many I -used- to watch. Too much, haha. I'd start watching them and eventually forgot about them, too busy to keep up with them, and loose interest.

• girl
    12 years ago

The purpose of Jersey Shore is not to represent Italians. It's on simply to entertain people. I really don't believe that anyone thinks all Italians are like that? I don't see why this show offends so many people. It's a show like any other show, full of drama and there to make money. I honestly think the cast of Jersey Shore are geniuses. They took the oppurtunity of a life time. They get to party and hang out all the time and now they're set for life. It's easy money, and they get it simply because of their lifestyle. It would be awesome to get paid that much money just for living your life. :)

• girl
    12 years ago

I would also like to add that I know that it's not their real life and that most of the show is just exaggerated, but they're doing what they love and getting paid for it, why put them down for that ?

• girl
    12 years ago

Posted twice..

• Kevin
    12 years ago

This show blows dick for skittles!

• Paul Gondwe
    12 years ago

I was into it the first two seasons and then i learned how much money those guys were making and even worse i was helping thme. What is this world soming to. Cant they find better shows than one that stupid people who just get drunk, do laundry and get tans. I would rather watch Oprah than that crap.