Campus Failure

• KemistryKia
    13 years ago

Awhile ago I was sexually assaulted about 200 ft from my college campus. This factor along with others, are steering me towards dropping out. I haven't talked to my family for a month, so they do not know what is going on with me and what decisions I want to make. How should I let them know. My boyfriend wants to marry me and wants me to move in with him, but I don't want my family to think that is a reason I am leaving. HELP lol...

• Shellaine shelli
    13 years ago

Yeah, i fully agree with Britt on this one!! i know what you're going through. i have also been sexually assaulted and when that happens you just feel like if you tell others then this will never be put to rest but its the total opposite because when you open the news paper maybe the next day, next week or even the next month and see an article about someone having the exact same thing happen to them then you begin too feel even more guilty because you feel thats your fault.

Britt pretty much said everything that you need to acknowledge but one thing i can tell you is that in order to move on from this ordeal you have to accept it. and i know its not easy, its the most painful thing but to sacrifice your education (your future) for some seriously sick persons is just not worth it.

You have already started in the process of coming to terms with the situation because you've posted this link to people who are strangers to you (like the police) and i truly admire you because that seriously takes so much courage but i think that you should come clean with your family and then let them help you through this!! YOU deserve support, YOU deserve to be HAPPY!! and YOU deserve to feel safe and when that person who harmed you gets his punishment you will ultimitely feel safer and can start working on closure.

i really hope that you find inner peace. if you ever want to chat or anything feel free to message me anytime :)

• Dark Secrets
    13 years ago

I agree with the previous posts... you should tell the authorities first, and you should call your parents. Don't tell them about wanting to get married now, postpone that for a while. First introduce your boyfriend to your parents then tell them that you've been thinking about marriage.

As for dropping out of university, I think you should think about it more. Clearly you are effected by what happened and you can't study when you feel like this. But think about it more, how long do you want to drop out for and what are you planning to do in this time... don't leave university thinking that you'll return when you're over this, because you might never get over that feeling... you might even feel disgusted from this campus and the environment and it may remind you of what happened... but whatever you do, finish what you began, get a degree.