Hard to say?

• Miss Lonely Teacher
    13 years ago

Okay so i've got a question. i know that there are so few people overall in the world anymore that care about... well, virginity.

what would you say applies to rape victims? are they still considered a virgin due to the circumstances? or are they no longer "innocent"?

• Dark Secrets
    13 years ago

It depends here what you mean by virginity... You're sort of saying that there are two types of virginity; physical and psychological. Of course having sex, whether you chose or not makes you not a virgin physically. But psychologically the person may be a virgin.

• Miss Lonely Teacher
    13 years ago

Both sides actually, phys and psych. thanx

• Shellaine shelli
    12 years ago

For some people it means a lot more than what it may to others. i mean, as saddening as it is, if someone is raped then physically they're not a virgin but it doesn't mean that the person should lose respect for themselves!! psychologically they should wiat for the person they feel they love and who it feels right with.

• Lost Innocence
    12 years ago

Well, in my exsperience....i would say they are no longer inecent:(

• Beauty In The Breaking
    12 years ago

I think it really comes down to each person. Technically, in the case of rape they aren't physically virgins anymore, like Bob said once penetration has occurred then physically they can't say they are no matter the means it happened. It doesn't mean they have lost their innocence so to speak though because they could still be psychologically.

There are those that believe in second virginities though, promising themselves to be pure again and I think that works as well. Different people view still being "innocent" different ways I guess. Personally I feel penetration of any kind in a sexual form takes your claim of being a virgin away, consented or not.