Does being friends for a lifetime really exist?

• Flynel
    13 years ago

I have a friend, And one year ago he told me that we cant be seperated, After that everything went wrong, I really though I lost him, But now one year later, We try to be friends again and some kind of stuff, And he told me like: Do you remember what I said a while ago? And I said: Yeahh we cant be seperated. But still its all so strange cause he is my ex.. And I heard that after he had kissed me five years ago never kissed another. Untill a month ago he kissed a girl when he was drunk, and a week ago he even kissed two persons when he was drunk, soo yeahh, Or he does it for fun or he just really likes two persons.. Im just trying to understand him, But I dont.. Cause when you tell someone: 'we cant be seperated', What would you feel for that person?

• Dark Secrets
    13 years ago

Being friends for a lifetime does exist, but not always and words are not what confirm it. Every relationship has its ups and downs, especially friendships. I remember when I was a kid it was always like that, we'd have silly fights and then not speak to each other for days. Eventually we come to our senses and the relationship goes on like nothing happened. Of course now that we're older and more mature, these things don't happen as often anymore. Still, friends are like siblings, they get annoying sometimes and disagreement happens, but you always end up together because you love each other.

I think with your situation it's because he was your ex that you're finding it hard to be friends... or from what it seems he's not over you yet. He promised you and likes you a lot, but it seems he's running away because he still wants you... That's what I think.

• Flynel
    13 years ago

Hmm, I doubt it, When I had a relationship with him was 5 years ago. And since than we have always been close, But yeahh issues got bigger and bigger, Still he never gave up, And said we cant be seperated, But sometimes he is still so .. so irritating.. Acting like he doesnt care. I wish I knew what was going on, on his head. And what I mean to him, Cause he never tells me how he feels..

And today Im like a bit depressed cause some things that happened, And he begun to be whining at me to, I reacted cranky back, And now he is mad and cranky to. Like why does he need to make it worse, why cant he just understand? why does he need to be cranky when Im cranky..? And now he is ignoring me..

• Dark Secrets
    13 years ago

Well I guess that's how friends are... you'll always have problems and disagreements, but as long as you two talk you'll be fine. Just give him some time to think things over and lighten up, he'll come to you on his own and he'll talk. Don't push him to talk and don't ignore him, talk to him and ask about him from time to time. Be patient, he'll open up to you. Be honest with him about how you feel and how you're confused, but don't accuse him of anything... things will hopefully be better between you two. As for him ignoring you now, just take it easy, say hi from time to time and ask how he's doing, when he ignores don't get upset, be patient.
    It seems to me now that he's going through something that he doesn't want to share and probably putting it out on you.

• Flynel
    13 years ago

He has never really been a talker.. I just only wish how he felt about me, Cause Ive tried everything to show him how much he cares, But he doesnt seem to want to know it, A friend told me, That sometimes poeple tries to tell them selve they dont need that person, But inside they do need that person, And I may be indeed mean a lot to him cause he told me: We cant be seperated.. So I really dont know..

• Dark Secrets
    13 years ago

Yeah... which is what I was saying at first. Him needing you makes him feel weak and so he prefers to try and swerve away from it when he starts feeling weak. Just be patient. He doesn't want to let you go, and he doesn't want to feel weak.

• Flynel
    12 years ago

Everything is so strange. Cause at first he doesnt wanted me to know about when he had kissed someone or whatever. And like after me he never really kissed anyone. Till a month ago. And he and I were a bit drunk today. And he told me everything about his sex life. And it appears to be that he has a lover for a week now. Im really happy for him that he has found someone. Still when I talk to him about other stuff and things that happened the last five and a half year between him and me, he really remembers everything. I had send him a message with: Im glad how everything is now, We can talk about everything without fighting. You know I love you, And you know in what way. And he told me back: Im glad to, I love you to, You know it ! ..... I just dont understand what I mean to him.

• Dark Secrets
    12 years ago

Yeah that is confusing... very. Sometimes guys are like that. I have a guy friend who acts strange like that, except in a different way. When guys express their feelings though they say it out straight, no hints. So, I guess what I'm saying is don't try looking for signs and understanding what is behind the behaviour and hints and all, because you'll go crazy... trust me, I've been through this too many times. Since he's not answering questions, something is troubling him, but you wouldn't know what until he willingly lets it out. Don't ask him about it and be ready to listen carefully when he talks.

• Flynel
    12 years ago

Okay, Well Im happy that he still cares about me. One moment yesterday I heard a song, And I almost began to cry cause.. Yeah it made me think of the past. And like he took my hand and told me everything is gonna be alright. Just enjoy the moment when we are together. Also about 2 months its his birthday. And like I cant be their at his home when he celebrates his birthday cause his family doesnt like me. So he is gonna organize a second party kind of thing just for me ( somewhere not at his house ). So I can be their to celebrate his birthday. So yeahh everything between him and me is going great. Only thing Im worried about is how to feel about him. Maybe Im gonna feel to much or to less.. Cause he is one person I can be myself with. ( without noticing it.. ) I was so happy yesterday. Everybody who know Im more shy looked at me like: What happened to you !? Still Ive the idear that he doesnt want to ever be alone with me, Everytime when we do something together there has to be another person that goes with us. What is wrong with being alone together as friends??

• Flynel
    12 years ago

You know the strangest thing is, He didnt give me much attention and.. Now he talks to me all the time and he wants to hang out with me.. Like how can it be that someone suddely want to do things with you while you have so much trouble with that person?? ;o

• silvershoes
    12 years ago

Being friends for a lifetime exists but not always with ex's, especially when there are lingering feelings. I'm 22 and I have quite a few friends from kindergarten, elementary school, and middle school :) It exists, you just have to meet the right people and know how to keep them... it's about spending enough time together, but not too much, never gossiping about each other, keeping secrets, forgiving, having good communication and mutual respect. Encouraging their friendships with others is a big one. If you're jealous or possessive, that's a big no-no!

If someone sucks you in close and then kicks you out as a friend, I would not pursue their friendship in the future. If they come back to you, so be it, but don't go out of your way to keep a friendship alive with someone who's not worthwhile and plays mind-games.