So he doesn't like me back...now what?

• Pesamenteiro
    12 years ago

I met him six months ago, when we first met he made it very obvious that he liked me, and I really liked him too...but after a while he stopped the compliments and random text messages, I thought that maybe he just got nervous or something (since he is kind of shy) when we started getting closer.
    But now, he's basically out and said that there are no girls that he likes. He didn't say this to my face, he posted it on his blog, which leaves no doubt in my mind that he doesn't like me any more...but I still really like him.
    We're friends, and I want to keep being his friend if I can't be anything more...but that makes it really hard to move on, since I talk to him basically every day, and feel guilty if I avoid him.
    I feel so ugly and unlovable
    What do I do??

• Dark Secrets
    12 years ago

Hmm... it depends really. How did he say he liked you? As a friend, or romantically? Because he could've meant a lot by saying there are no girls that he likes, and on a blog, not to you... so I think you might have misunderstood him. I mean he may not be texting and all, but that could mean many things, especially that you said that he's shy. How does he treat you now? Does he still talk to you with interest, or does he avoid you? and how long do you usually talk... because that might be why he used to text you and now he doesn't. I say you should talk to him about it... tell him how you feel, but try to do that at the right time and not in a way that seems like you're accusing him. You could text him like he used to text you, some message he'd have to answer back to. You could also ask him about his blog post, or tell him that you've noticed he doesn't text anymore and that you miss that... good luck!

• Pesamenteiro
    12 years ago

He never flat out said that he liked me, but it was obvious. He used to call me beautiful, be concerned when I wasn't online for our usual chat, and send me little poems and all that.
    He just doesn't show any interest any more, whenever I'm online he'll talk to me on msn or call me on skype or whatever, but we don't really say much, and when I do try to talk, he doesn't really seem to care very much. We just don't have the conversations that we used to.
    I might talk to him, I don't know. I really don't want to ruin the friendship that we have by scaring him away or something...but I hate keeping it to myself.
    Thank you for your response, I used to come here a lot but it seems to have died since then and I really didn't think anyone would even read this. Thanks again :)

• Britt
    12 years ago

If something with him has changed, you could try talking to him about it, but not in an attacking way. Maybe asking him if everything is okay because he hasn't seemed like he's been himself.

That, or he really just doesn't feel romantically for you and doesn't want to lead you on. There is nothing wrong with that. I mean it sucks, since you like him, but better that he's doing this than leading you on and only setting you up for pain, right? :)

• Pesamenteiro
    12 years ago

The thing is that he *did* lead me on, and that`s why it hurts so much. He never flat out said that he liked me, but even I, who is socially handicapped and needs these things to be obvious in order to pick up on them, could see that- but after a while, I guess he got to know the real me, and didn`t like her as much. I never stopped liking him though.
    I guess that`s not the same thing as leading me on..I really don`t know.

• Jad
    12 years ago

Well, if he never said he liked you you should have asked him if he did. I know a lot of guys who just mess around with with different girls but in the end they never actually liked them and by him not saying he ever did it makes it simple for him to stop "messing" with that girl. I don't know if that is the case with this guy but you should try and talk to him and see what he thinks about the whole deal. Tell him how you feel and be straight forward and no beating around the bush or however that phrase goes! :P