Did Nostradamus Predict Osama Bin Laden?

• Michael D Nalley
    13 years ago

I remember about the time a religious figure was stirring up revolt in Iran a priest told me "I know it sounds funny coming from a man of my vocation but I believe that some of most dangerous people of the world are religious fanatics". I have even heard conspiracy theories that prophecies suggest the third antichrist may come as a man of peace. Some fallen away Catholics may believe it could be a pope but I do not.
    Did Nostradamus Predict Osama Bin Laden? - www.angelfire.com
    If C/2000 WM1 is the comet foreseen in this quatrain and Osama is the meaning of Mabus, bin Laden "will soon die." But if he is truly the Third Antichrist, ...
    www.angelfire.com/empire/nostradamus/osama.html

• Britt
    13 years ago

I have read and watched a lot about Nostradamus, and I think of the thing things he prophecied were amazing. But what's hard is "experts" always say "We think it was this..." and while they do sound very similar, can we ever truly tell?

I haven't read this yet, so I will! Thanks for posting :) Interesting stuff!

• Michael D Nalley
    13 years ago

Thank you Britt I can't remember why I rambled all over the place in my poem "Politically Correct" but no one accused me of predicting the pursuit of Bin Laden this year. lol
    www.poems-and-quotes.com/.../funny_society_poems.html
    Pocahontas is too sexy and tinky winky is gay;
    None of us believe this, though that's what they say.
    The laws have been passed for our marriage bonds,
    I have no contempt for the rules, or legal blondes.

I won't ask and none you people have to tell
    if you think the government has us under their spell.
    Must we refudiate the right to scream, "drill baby, drill"
    while we pass around the buck after a major oil spill?

Yo mama's so fat that when she farts Albert Gore
    declares a global warming emergency and more.
    We're still searching for yo mama Bin Ladin you know,
    yo daddy is our best friend, but you are our foe.

The environment is not fit for men nor ducks,
    but we still owe China and others over a million bucks.
    Emily Litella was fired about the time Glenn was hired...
    but you don't have to do a moon walk to be admired!

The peasants are revolting while politicians cast blame,
    it's enough to make Martin Luther want to take back his name.
    None of us seem to get along and we agree it is a crying shame,
    but you have got to be politically correct to stay in this game.

We elect our government officials and then we reject
    the will of the people and it is now politically correct.
    It is enough to make school teachers want to strike -
    Political bias, capitalism, and the right wing alike.

www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread565791/pg

CNN anchor Glenn Beck wrongly predicts "all-out Armageddon" Aug 22 ...Aug 22, 2009 ... CNN anchor Glenn Beck wrongly predicts "all-out Armageddon" Aug 22, 2009. Glenn Beck, anchor for CNN Headline News, predicted on 2006-AUG-09 ...
    turnofffox.tumblr.com/.../cnn-anchor-glenn-beck-wrongly-predicts-all-out

www.collive.com/show_news.rtx?id=14436...becks-jerusalem

• Kevin
    13 years ago

I don't have a palm big enough to facepalm this thread.

• Michael D Nalley
    13 years ago

You would not know an interesting topic if it slapped you , but thanks for adding to this discussion

Here is something closer to your grasp
    Palmface

http://youtu.be/a3jZc4TPV3A

http://youtu.be/C-okDJA5CVw

lmao

"You could make 100 perdictions and probably 40% of them will be right, 70 percent to those who stretch the interpretation.....The NOS man was batting about .333"

I agree . If I say tropical system Emily will impact Florida around August I would have a high probability of someone believing I came close

• TSI25
    13 years ago

Wait long enough and jsut about any prediction will come true...

• Sincuna
    13 years ago

^ nomological predictions

I guess this thread could be a subtopic of another subtopic of the whole Free Will-Determinism debate.

• Michael D Nalley
    13 years ago

How many comets have you seen with your naked eye?

"Do you like this Article?
    The seer Nostradamus saw into the future so long ago during his time. A time filled with troubles much like our own. For centuries people have speculated about his Mabus prophecy. Labeling Mabus as the Anti-Christ in speculation that it was this villian it spoke of. Mostly due to the possibility that Nostradamus mentioned the furor Hitler in a quatrain speaking of Hister. I myself believe Mabus means so many different things such as May Be Us during this time. If you look closely at the name and the name of the beings taking the center stage during this time you will plainly see that Nostradamus is pointing to our time peroid in which we live in now. One can plainly see how the word Mabus dances around Osama, Obama, and of course Bush. The quatrain goes as follows;

Century 2, Quatrain 62

Mabus then will soon die, there will come
    A horrible undoing of people and animals:
    At once vengeance one will see vengeance,
    One hundred hands, thirst, famine, when the comet will run.

Breaking down the quatrain we see that someone has died meaning Osama Bin Laden possibly. I feel very sure of this meaning I am denoting this. Last night after I had the clear vision of the prophecy meaning this I had a dream verifying this as I slept revolving around the name Mabus. A strange dream involving Bill Maher doing a weird show based on Mabus. It was an odd dream and to me verified that I was unto something for sure about having this series of thoughts that I am now relaying here to you now through this technology. Then we go into the next three lines that revolve around retribution and vegeance for what has been done regarding the military killing Osama Bin Laden in Pakistan. Already the United States of America is on high alert for possible terror cells to emerge to detonate nuclear or chemical devices. Many in the world considered Osama a hero who hate America. So it would make logical sense that these people are upset about his death and will seek some sort of justice for what has been done and announced through President Obama to the entire world. Mabus is suppose to trigger World War Three via his death if you take the approach of Mabus meaning Anti-Christ. I do not think anyone possibly knows what Mabus means. Even I question my interpretation at times. No absolutes but if you align the names of Obama and Osama and Bush in such a way as Osama Bush you can plainly see the word Mabus intertwined. I believe the prophecy shows the time we are living in now which is a time of creation and possible destruction for all of mankind teethering on the brink of oblivion. Now let us get into the comet.

Comet C/2010 X1 aka Elenin is being spoken about all over the internet now as we speak. This must be the comet that will run. It's about 300 million miles away and roaring toward us. The sinister alien intruder from deep space called called comet Elenin which crosses Earth's orbit on its inbound leg and again on its outbound doom filled swing around the sun later this year. Russian astronomer Leonid Elenin discovered the innocuous little comet on Dec. 10, 2010, at International Scientific Optical Network's robotic observatory near Mayhill, New Mexico. Presently the comet is a faint dark smudge of light in deep sky perspectives. By late August comet Elenin should be visible to the naked eye as a dim "fuzzy star" with a tail. Over a few weeks the visitor will speed across the spring constellation Virgo and toward Leo on its outbound leg. A dizzying collection of doomsday predictions have been linked to comet Elenin. The hysteria was inevitable as anxiety grows over the approach of 2012 that is supposedly a game-changing year for life on Earth. At least according to some interpretations of the ancient Mayan calendar.Though it's now over twice as far away from Earth than the sun is, comet Elenin has already been blamed for triggering earthquakes and shifting Earth's rotation axis. The comet has also been accused of melting ice on Mars and stirring up a storm on Saturn. It's predicted to flip Earth's magnetic field"

I remember watching the enterpretation of Nastrodamus 's prediction before Halleys comet was set to come in 1986 The terror of the sky and I coud not find it with a telescope. 2012 seemed so far away the translation did not match the astronomy. If this comet appears in a few months I believe many will be impressed."

Continue reading on Examiner.com: Nostradamus's Mabus Prophecy fulfilled by the Death of Osama Bin Laden & Obama - Panama City Paranormal | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/paranormal-in-panama-city/nostradamus-s-mabus-prophecy-through-the-death-of-osama-bin-laden-via-obama#ixzz1MIz4By8W

http://youtu.be/TXvXcYeGtx0

• sibyllene
    13 years ago

I'm not gonna go completely skeptic and say that there is no possible way somebody could "see the future..." BUT. So many of these prophesies are worded vaguely enough that they seem to perfectly fit a variety of scenarios. For example, how many presidents have been declared to be the antichrist? You could find evidence to support any vague claim. If you're a charlatan, it's in your best professional interest to be as unspecific as possible, without seeming to be unspecific. You do this by speaking in metaphor and symbolism, and setting your prophecies loose on the world.

• Michael D Nalley
    13 years ago

It does seem futile to attempt to predict any demise or doomsday. Every end is a new beginning and Nostradamus without a doubt influenced the course of history if we believe any recorded history. He would have been remembered as a great healer for his role as an accepted physician in the era of great plague . As a poet he dance with the stars and in my book it seems self evident he was a genius that will be remember through the ages. If this thread is boring I will try to send a big 2012 robo-apology to lighten your mood

http://youtu.be/cYIN-b8qjmo

"As with other forms of extrasensory perception, the existence of precognition is not accepted, as other than a purely psychological process, by the mainstream scientific community because no replicable demonstration has ever been achieved.[4] Scientific investigation of extrasensory perception (ESP) is complicated by the definition which implies that the phenomena go against established principles of science.[5] Specifically, precognition would violate the principle that an effect cannot occur before its cause.[5] However, there are established biases, affecting human memory and judgment of probability, that create convincing but false impressions of precognition"
    wiki

• Kevin
    13 years ago

Ok I'll contribute Micheal. lets look at just one section you've picked out.

The part about Nostro predicting the coming of Hitler. Here is the passage from his "Centuries" book.

"Bêtes farouches de faim fleuves tranner;
    Plus part du champ encore Hister sera,
    En caige de fer le grand sera treisner,
    Quand rien enfant de Germain observa. "

Now, this passage was most famously translated by a Nostro enthusiast (Erika Cheetham, author of The Final Prophecies of Nostradamus) and she took a massive liberty with the french word "hister" and assumed he'd mispelled it...so she just changed it to "hitler". Let me repeat that...she just changed it. Here is how she translated it to english.

"Beasts wild with hunger will cross the rivers,
    The greater part of the battle will be against Hitler.
    He will cause great men to be dragged in a cage of iron,
    When the son of Germany obeys no law."

Now, that sounds like Hitler for sure. But it's utter horseshit..here is the actualy translation.

"Beasts mad with hunger will swim across rivers,
    Most of the army will be against the Lower Danube.
    The great one shall be dragged in an iron cage
    While the German shall be watching over the infant Rhine.

The word "hister" is a reference to the lower Danube river, which is called Hister in Latin,a fact attested to by Nostro himself in his almanac of 1555.

Took me 10 minutes to research this, pull some cross checked facts and put the original test through a french translator.

Wake up neo.

• Michael D Nalley
    13 years ago

Nostradamus in popular culture - Wikipedia, the free encyclopediaCertainly his propaganda Minister Joseph Goebbels did, under the influence of ... a peace agreement with the United Kingdom, Hitler issued the Aktion Hess, .... Composer Robert Steadman has twice used Nostradamus' prophecies in pieces ...
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nostradamus_in_popular_culture

www.oilempire.us/wargames.html

wake up neo?
    "And if my thought-dreams could be seen
    They'd probably put my head in a guillotine
    But it's alright, Ma, it's life, and life only"
    Dylan

THE THEORY FROM THE EDGAR CAYCE READINGS

Mark Thurston, Ph.D.

"Fundamental Assumptions"

"Any theory rests upon some basic assumptions. If we wish to construct a theory of how ESP works, we should begin by defining human nature itself. The theory of psychic ability given in the readings of Edgar Cayce is based upon a set of principles which create a foundation for understanding. They provide an explanation of human nature and of the mechanism of ESP and its potential usefulness in our spiritual growth.

Perhaps the most basic of these principles or assumptions is the concept that there exists a universal awareness. This is a state of consciousness that is spiritual in nature-that is, it has the potential to express itself in matter, but it is not limited to time and space. Many terms have been used to describe this universal awareness, such as God, the superconscious and the Creative Forces.

Our relationship to the universal awareness often seems paradoxical. In one way, we are a part of it, for we are part of the whole. And yet, on the other hand, we also experience ourselves as being unique individuals. One aim of spiritual growth is to reconcile this seeming contradiction. Perhaps the best way that we can do this is to begin to express in our individual lives the qualities of the universal. It is a matter of making finite (i.e., making applicable) our infinite nature.

Except for those rare instances of psychic or spiritual experience, our existence as conscious physical beings usually seems to be cut off from the universal awareness. We frequently fail to see the unity of all life, and we tend to see ourselves as independent, although very limited, creatures. The Edgar Cayce readings suggest that when we see ourselves and life in this way, we are failing to take into account unseen, yet very real, aspects of life. One of Edgar Cayce's dreams provided the basis for a model that illustrates this condition."

• Kevin
    13 years ago

"This is a state of consciousness that is spiritual in nature-that is, it has the potential to express itself in matter, but it is not limited to time and space. "

This is utter guff. It sounds lovely, even possible but it reads like a fact when its just a wild theory with little or no evidence.

If you are going to post stuff like this you back up Nostradamus, when I've already shown you that he was wrong, and has been repeatedly misquoted and in some cases, rewritten...at least use something that isn't itself...badly written.

Now I'm not saying there isn'y mystery in the world, maybe even stuff that is paranormal. Nothing Nostradamus ever said is close to evidence of this.

• Michael D Nalley
    13 years ago

Mundane of or pertaining to this world or earth as contrasted with heaven; worldly; earthly: mundane affairs.
    common; ordinary; banal; unimaginative.
    of or pertaining to the world, universe, or earth.

Kevin I see no immediate danger of being three dimensional. I have no concept of the length of time or the shape of the universe. When you label a theory as guff it would be admirable to present your feelings on the poetic justice of recognizing intelligent design. Please do share some more COMMON sense.

Dave ,threads are like Common era's they either get locked by narrow thought , get rewrittten, or drift off into cyberspace.

• Michael D Nalley
    12 years ago

I found something related
    www.godandscience.org/doctrine/2012_prophecy_review.html

It seems Emily will arrive on schedule

• Kevin
    12 years ago

I love how you refuse to comment on how utterly misquoted and creatively edited his "predictions" were.

His most famous prediction, the one about Hitler, has been repeatedly proven to be false, totally and utterly false yet people still cite it.

Wake up Neo.

• Michael D Nalley
    12 years ago

If you scroll up on this thread you will see my response to a suspended members interpretation of the fame of any prediction

"You could make 100 perdictions and probably 40% of them will be right, 70 percent to those who stretch the interpretation.....The NOS man was batting about .333"

I agree . If I say tropical system Emily will impact Florida around August I would have a high probability of someone believing I came close

How close would Emily have to get to Florida to get my may 13th forecast in the 40%?

Palm Beach (1)
    by Michael D Nalley ( F P C D )
    at 2011-05-15

• Kevin
    12 years ago

So you are now basically saying any idiot can predict something, anything and there is a decent chance someone, at some point in the future will make it stick to an event or person.

Ok.

• Michael D Nalley
    12 years ago

Yes Kevin, I believe even you could make a prediction

It seems whether we are discussing idiocies or prophecies, Osama's Bahamas or Obama's . or even the reincarnation of Emily, we are bound to get off the tropic topic

History as science forever in the cycle of wet and dry, hot and cold , calm to turbines

The labeling often becomes a key portion of perceived reality

Atlantic Basin Hurricane & Tropical Storm Center
    Tropical Rain-Storm Emily is located at 21.0° N, 76.0° W with maximum sustained winds of 25 mph, gusting to 30 mph more >
    Will Emily Regenerate Near the Bahamas?
    Aug 5, 2011; 7:00 AM ET
    Residents of southeastern Florida could be dealing with more than rip currents early this weekend. A reincarnated Emily could pass extremely close to the coastline.

• Kevin
    12 years ago

You are the one getting off topic darling, not I. You started this thread trying to support the credibility of Nostro's predictions, now you are branching off into the weather, which is about the most mutable and least likely thing to be accurately predicted....ever.

Get back on topic with Obama and Osama if you want, seeing as the Hitler option has been taken away from you.

• Michael D Nalley
    12 years ago

I believe most poets would rather be scrutinized than ignored Thank you and all who made Michel famous for not ignoring my questions.

I think Gert may be a force to be reckoned with in Bermuda ,but no where near the hurricane Irene will be . Irene will come very close to palm beach as Emily did,but get closer to North Carolina before effecting New England

Katia may effect Scotland

• Michael D Nalley
    12 years ago

I'm sending Ophelia to Newfoundland Kevin

• Noir
    12 years ago

If Osama bin Laden is the anti-christ that Nostradamus predicted then clearly he is a disillusioned schizophrenic...

What about Anders Breivik? He killed more in a few days than Osama could ever attempt...

What better role for anti-christ than a man killing more than 90 and not getting either life or the death penalty....Surely he's more suited than a former rich kid with a God complex living his life in caves. ( I generalise of course)

My answer if you haven't guessed is No

• Kevin
    12 years ago

I don't know what would constitute the anti christ to you Noir, but some nutjob killing 90 people seems a bit under par for such an end of the world manifestation.

Perhaps you just have small expectations generally.

• Noir
    12 years ago

I don't know what would constitute the anti christ to you Noir, but some nutjob killing 90 people seems a bit under par for such an end of the world manifestation.Perhaps you just have small expectations generally."

But isn't the anti christ meant to be the antithesis of Jesus... He must start small to gather a grand following... After all who would follow a man who says he's the antichrist?

Start small mate... Like a snowball...