Army girlfriends ?

• girl
    12 years ago

My boyfriend of a year is shipping out to basic in January. He's going to be gone for three years in the army infantry. At first I wasn't really supportive but I love him and know this is what he truely wants to do. I was just wondering if there were any other people who can relate in any way? I'd love to talk :)

• Paul Gondwe
    12 years ago

My girlfriend is not in the army but shes going to study overseas. She says she will return after two yrs then go back. A long distance relationship is never easy. This is where your ove for each other will be tested. Communication is of vital importance. Wish you guys luck, u r not alone in this long distance thing.

• january friend
    12 years ago

That's going to be difficult. when i went through basic, we didn't get much down time. write to him everyday though, communication is the key. i saw a lot of relationships fall apart because of the male/female environment. but you wont even have to worry about this problem here, i'm assuming he's going to ft benning? anyway the only way of talking to him is going to be writing letters. i think i got 3, maybe 4 phone calls the whole time i was there. phone calls don't go over well anyway, they just make you feel bad. hope some of this helps, best of luck to you both