effects of drugs

• Bret Higgins
    19 years ago

I think you have serious problems if life isn't inspiration enough.

• Natalie84
    19 years ago

I said it in the last post on this topic and I will say it again, if you have to get high to write you are an imbicil and not a poet at all. It's sad! Just down right pitiful....

• Natalie84
    19 years ago

I see your point Vix but all the little teeny boppers on here are bragging that they smoke pot to write poetry because that's what they think is cool. "Oh yeah smoking pot is awesome" "I love to write and smoke" Blah Blah Blah that's the responses I have seen from this post and the last. I think doing drugs is stupid, I have done some myself, and I have seen some people ruin their lives. However, I don't look down upon people who do them, as you said it is a personal choice. As long as it doesn't affect me personally in any way I could really care less. But when these 13 and 14 kids are on here talking about how cool it is do smoke weed and what ever else it irritates me. My comment was directed to them. Though there may have been famous poets and other writers who did drugs doesn't make it right. Anyhow that's all for now...

• Bret Higgins
    19 years ago

Lily... I wasn't even referring to you fella. It's like you walked by some guy pointing at something and pointed yourself. Pointless. still if you want to jump on the apathy band wagon feel free.

And dubbing me homosexual is an insult to homosexuals, not me. I can't even grow a proper moustache, it's all clumpy.

*shrugs*

You try and inspire a bit of creativity and what do you get?

• Bret Higgins
    19 years ago

The use of drugs isn't an issue at all.

In my first post I said that you have problems if life isn't inspiration enough. That is not to say that you shouldn't explore a creative side with them, only that the use of drugs shouldn't be the only way to become inspired.

Society deems drug abuse (not use) wrong because it makes the abuser a less effective member of said society. Very simple when you think about it.

• Natalie84
    19 years ago

“one pill can kill” I have never heard that…lol

I am a strong believer that drugs are bad, any addictive drug. Illegal or legal. My brother in law was addicted to pain pills. A legal drug that you go and get from damn near any doctor if you tell him you are in pain. He is going to school to be a pharmacist...go figure. My brother damn near lost his life one night while he was hanging out with the wrong guy. It changed his life forever. He described everything to me, how he was sitting on the couch unable to move and praying to God to just let him live and if he did he would do right. I can't even imagine how one would feel lying somewhere with people all around them not caring what's happening to him and thinking their on the verge of death after doing the drugs he did, and I don't want to truthfully. My brother said to me after that now that if marijuana was legal he would smoke occasionally, which I don’t have any problem what so ever with. My sister who has completely unassociated herself with the entire family can't properly take care of her 3 children because of drugs and alcohol. She lost custody of one and unfortunately the other two are stuck with her. Drugs ruined her life. No, she ruined her life with drugs. I myself have done some and blah blah blah, it was horrible. There are a few other people in my family that screwed their lives up with drugs as well. My father ruined his career because he was taking speed and smoking pot to stay awake to drive his semi and ending up flipping it on the high way. That could have easily been the end of his life but he got lucky. I don’t care what society says or what the statistics are, I think doing drugs is wrong. If someone doesn’t want to say wrong then I’ll just say BAD. From personal experience with me and my family. I don’t look down on anyone who chooses to do things that I don’t personally agree with. This topic was smoking and writing, like the guy above me said if life is not enough inspiration then that’s pretty sad. And you can tell these little gits don’t know a thing about creativity because the only cut down they can come up with is “you’re a homosexual.” Oh how original. I can’t picture someone having to get high just to write. Famous poet or not. It's absolutely crazy to me. But here it’s the TEENY BOPPERS! It makes me sick to my stomach. It’s ridiculous. These little kids who don’t know a thing about real life know all about doing loads of drugs, it’s a shame really.

• Natalie84
    19 years ago

She's got a year of experience on you....

• Natalie84
    19 years ago

:)

• katie!
    19 years ago

I do drugs, helps me escape, not good

• Natalie84
    19 years ago

TEENY BOPPER

• katie!
    19 years ago

me?

• Natalie84
    19 years ago

Yes, you.

• katie!
    19 years ago

Hmmmm, well there we go, I'm fucked up, and melodramatic and take drugs to get attention when really my life is great and I love life so much

• Natalie84
    19 years ago

I really am glad to hear that.

• ♥•oOo Nikki oOo•♥©
    19 years ago

Im Really To Busy Laughing To Comment On This Particular Subject But I Think Its Not Such a Good Think To Be Inspired By Illegal Substances Just To Write a Good Poem Poets Were Born With The Gift Of Writing Its Nothing u Can Force Apon Yourself And As 4 The Drugs...Consider Rehab xoxo-Nikki-xoxo

• katie!
    19 years ago

btw I was bein sarcastic

• Natalie84
    19 years ago

Thank you Nikki!!

BTW Katie I was too....
    So long

• Bret Higgins
    19 years ago

I would suggest that everyone takes a chill pill, but considering the topic...

• Eibutsina
    19 years ago

Oi Vix

Blaze up and chill out girl seriously - life is too short you should take it or yourself so seriously...

Love "enhancing" my writing and my life with weed I mean, I hurting anyone but myself? No am I truly even hurting myself? No not really, the physical impacts of me not having a chuff are alot worse...

• Natalie84
    19 years ago

So sad...again I will say it's a shame you have to get high to "enhance" your writing...

Vix I love the way you respond to people. You and I could be friends...lol I respect so much that you are so sweet when people say stupid shit to you. I would lose my temper....internet or not I stand for what I say and for what I believe. Anyhoo....that's all for now....

• Eibutsina
    19 years ago

And thats fair enough Natalie but who are you to speak of what is a shame for other people? It might not be the right choice for you, but for others it is...

• Natalie84
    19 years ago

It is a shame for ANYONE who has to get high just to write good poems. If you're a writer then writing is something that just comes to you. It's something you just have.

• Natalie84
    19 years ago

Nobody reads them? I read them, Vix reads them and a lot of other people read them. That's why all these teeny boppers have been talking shit to Vix. So obviously people DO read them. Just because you can't stand to read a long response doesn't mean others don't. Some people can actually read and don't mind doing so.

• Bret Higgins
    19 years ago

Yurp.

• Mandy
    19 years ago

argh...