Marines

• Megan
    12 years ago

Anybody have anybody there married to or dating in the marines? i need advice :(

• believeinlove87
    12 years ago

What do you need advice with?

I'm currently kinda seeing someone in the army whos station in Afghanistan :/.

• Megan
    12 years ago

Aww i was just wondering how hard it is to be withhout them and how you deal with it

• believeinlove87
    12 years ago

Well actually my boyfriend now is in the marines. & hes in Japan shipping out soon. So for like 6 months I won't be able to talk to him besides letters :/.

Right now the way I handle it is, we text and we skype when he can. 17 hour difference so its hard. & Its the hardest thing in the world not being with them. But you have to support they wanna be in the military. I knew he was in when we started dating and I have his back 100%. It tests the relationship. If you can make it with someone in the military and handle not seeing them for long periods then nothing will get in the way of yall. I deal with it by just reminding myself another day that passes is another day closer to seeing him. I remind myself of my feelings for him and how happy he makes me and that when I see him in person it will be amazing :).

Are you dating somebody in the marines?

Its very hard but you have to keep faith alive

• Megan
    12 years ago

He's leaving in june i think :( i just can't stand the thpught of him not coming back. but i mean on average how many times do you get to see each other a year? and talk?

• believeinlove87
    12 years ago

Right now my boyfriend is posted in Japan. Its a 17 hour difference. Depending on if hes on ship or at a base varies the talking. On ship you get no signal; So you can only talk via letter. Which generally takes 2 weeks to get each way :/. My boyfriend has an iphone & downloaded the text free app so it doesn't charge us to talk & we have skype. he texts me every chance he get.

Right now hes on ship about to depart in a week :/, He gets back in June. So we talk everytime he gets a spare minute. When he was on base we talked alot actually & we skyped. Its not easy at all girl; But cherish the moments you have.

& Actually we just got reconnected from middleschool a few months back. But i love him to death & hes completely worth it. When he gets back to the states, I'll see him everytime I can, hes a 3 hour drive but SO worth it. We talk everyday, & we skype when we can. It will be hard girl, but if you truly love him yall can make it work.

How much yall talk is based on where hes getting based at. but i think he will use every second of free time he gets to talk to you.

• Megan
    12 years ago

He should be rele close i think at camp lejune

• believeinlove87
    12 years ago

Then you should be able to see him whenever hes off work or not busy :).
    Then he can call you & text and yall can skype when he can't see you in person.

• Megan
    12 years ago

I just am really dreading it but he's been wanting to do this forever this is somethin he says he needs to do :(

• believeinlove87
    12 years ago

I know the feeling girl. My boyfriend wants to reenlist :/. Military relationships are the hardest to do bcuz you are away from them & can't talk to them for periods of time. But if yall can get through it, then nothing will get in the way.

As hard as it is, Its something you have to respect you know? I hate being in a military relationship, But for once I finally have a good guy that I love and I won't let something like the marines get in the way of it.

& I'm always here for you too girl!

• Megan
    12 years ago

Well Lynx only wants to stay in for 4 years now but thank god he told me that he isnt doing MARSOC bc it takes a year and a half year of traing and by the time he got out all together he would be lik 26 or 27

• believeinlove87
    12 years ago

Hopefully the 4 years flies by fast girl!!& that hes closer to you is good :).

Regardless if my boyf does or not, I'm gonna be here because I knew getting involved with him meant knowing he loves the marines. I hate the distance thing but for love & him.. Its worth it :)

• Megan
    12 years ago

Thats kinda how i see it but i still wish it wasnt something he felt like he need to do :(

• believeinlove87
    12 years ago

I know you dont girl. But you have to respect it you know? As much as I hope my bf doesn't reenlist if he does, then I'll have his back with it. It's hard and it hurts being away from them, but it will make you guys stronger and the love bigger :)

• Megan
    12 years ago

I hope one day i can feel the same way.

• believeinlove87
    12 years ago

If you feel like you can't do it; then you have to tell him. Military relationships aren't easy. But I wouldn't give your word unless your 100% sure hun

• Megan
    12 years ago

I mean i already told him i felt like i wont be able to handleit but honestly i know i could get through it if i knew he would always be safe :(

• believeinlove87
    12 years ago

I know it's hard girl. It's just a risk you have to take and you can't think negative as hard as it is you know? He needs you to be there for him, if you love him you will. I hate the fact my bf is in the marines, but he's amazing and its something he loves and I'll support that no matter what

• LoveSucks45
    12 years ago

I agree with the above.

Marines, army, navy and every branch of the military. No relationship is simple, it's all complicated. It takes hard work and determination but if you truly care for your boyfriend; you will make it WORK =].

Just keep faith alive in your heart sweetie

• Megan
    12 years ago

Thanks you guys. :) its a relief to know theres people out there that can actually build me up and say hes gonna be ok than the other people who say itll never work and he wont come back

• believeinlove87
    12 years ago

You're welcome love :).
    I'm always here for you too k! Just ignore the people who say it isn't gonna work. Obviously they are bitter & don't know the feeling of love. If you ever feel down you can always message me. It will be okay I promise, Your just even more motivation for him to come back sooner :)

• Megan
    12 years ago

Hah thank you :))

• Megan
    12 years ago

Hneslty now i dont know if he's even gonna be able to go in. he has heart problems

• believeinlove87
    12 years ago

Aww... Thats not good.
    If they don't let him in then he is gonna be down about it. So be there to let him know its okay & that it isn't his fault.

• Megan
    12 years ago

I mean at the same time i don't want him to get in but I mean I know he'll be upset. :(

• believeinlove87
    12 years ago

I know hun. But he has to know it isn't his fault and that they are only protecting him from dying through out the process. Just be there for him and remind him it really isn't his fault. He was just born with it.

• Megan
    12 years ago

I mean he came over yesterday and we were just messin around and i hit him on the chest in accident and he couldnt breath :(

• believeinlove87
    12 years ago

Yeah he prob won't be let in the marines then girl. They have to have like perfect health pretty much. I'm sorry hun

• Megan
    12 years ago

Im glad in a way though. you know what i mean? i just want him safe here with me.