Dreams...

• Lioness
    12 years ago

My grandfather, when he was alive, used to interpret dreams. He passed this onto my father and mother. They usually interpret dreams so every time I have one I always go up to my parents and ask them what it means.

I am wondering what people think about dreams. Do you think dreams are just that or do you think that they can hold a deeper meaning. Have you had any dreams that have come true?

I believe that dreams can mean different things. I've had dreams that have come true as well. It is something that is in my family - especially my mother.

Everyone's thoughts?

• Paul Gondwe
    12 years ago

Having a friend who can also interpret dreams, i do think dreams do come true but we dont realize it since we consider it as dejavu. I mean you do something or something happens, and you cant just shake it in your mind that that thing has happened before but you just dont recall it that well. Its because we dont always remember our dreams and those which we usually remember are the less important ones which dont come true.

• Lioness
    12 years ago

Oh I never thought of dejavu when it comes to dreams.

I am sure that is true also.

One morning my hubby woke up and we had both said we had the weirdest dream. He described his dream and I realised in the first instant that we both had the same dream lol It was so awesome but freaky

• TSI25
    12 years ago

Well i mean, dreams arent entirely random. if youve ever had an epiphany or the solution to a problem pop into your head when you werent directly thinking about it, youll appreciate the power of subconscious thought process.

while we are awake we perceive a great many things, people, emotions, events, objects, animals, noises, weather, etcetera... and while we might consciously dismiss these things theres a great possibility that we perceive something subconsciously pleasing or threatening about them.

these subconscious emotions, a lot of times encountering something threatening mannifests itself in a dreamlike state. the most extreme of these experiences will be very striking, and are semi-likely to be remembered upon waking up, and its likely that these things were emotionally striking for a reason.

thats why people can read dreams, because they arent random. and thats why people can share dreams, especially when they are closely related (as theres a good chance that theyve experienced the emotional catalyst together.)

at least thats my opinion.

• Kevin
    12 years ago

Other people can't interpret your dreams for you unless they know really well.

Dream interpretation is about metaphors and sybolism.

If I dream about a crocodile, you might think I'm scared of something in my life, or worried about being attacked...when, in actual fact for me, crocodiles might signify patience and stillness (which they do for me).

It's very, very personal. I also think dreams only remind you what you already know when you are awake.

• Lioness
    12 years ago

I like what you guys have written here!

Dreams are amazing though and you can feel like a dream is going on for ages and it may only be for a moment.

The dream that my hubby and I had wasn't a simple dream or a common dream you would have like falling or something lol

Ours was we were on an island and the island got flooded and there was a bus tour we went on and someone got stabbed

That's how in depth it was lol freaked us both out

• Dark Secrets
    12 years ago

I believe dreams have different meanings, they could reflect something that's going on in your life, your fears, your wishes and what you want about the future and sometimes they tell you what will come next. No matter what a dream means I always believe that they have meaning and are important and sometimes they're very interesting and fun, and at others they give you insight to things you're always confused about, mostly in your personality.

I have had some dreams which happened later, like my uncles death and when a guy proposed to me.

• Paul Gondwe
    12 years ago

You guys had the same dream, wow..thats must have been interesting..did you huys interpret those dreams or they were straight forward ones

• Lioness
    12 years ago

We were too scared to interpret them lol they were too similar and it freaked us out lol

• Paul Gondwe
    12 years ago

That shouldnt have freaked you guys out..you should be happy you have a strong bond between you too..i am jealous

• Lioness
    12 years ago

Oh yeah of course - the bond is strong but the dream itself was scary with the flooding and all lol

• Paul Gondwe
    12 years ago

Lol..yeah, you do have reason to be freaked out..did you survive in the dreasm though?

• Lioness
    12 years ago

I can't remember if we survived or not lol I just remember someone being stabbed and the water rising on the island. It was a pretty island too

• Paul Gondwe
    12 years ago

Atleast it was a pretty island..lol.

they say you dont actually die in a dream since that very moment you think you are dying, you always wake up..

one thing i learned from watching Inception

• Lioness
    12 years ago

Lol I bet that was the only thing you learned from inception lol it was an awesome film but man you really had to be paying attention lol

I love that movie and I think the actors in it were amazing.

Yes it was a pretty island lol not your typical dream especially for two people to have on the same night that's for sure!

• shadow
    12 years ago

I've had many dreams that are held in a fantasy world,but i know they have not came true yet. iv'e not yet disscused my dreams to a dreams to people because many people do not believe or have hope in what i do. i wish the same wishes over and over that my dreams may come true and if not in this life in my other.

• Paul Gondwe
    12 years ago

I really do pay attention in movies, you never know what you can learn from them.

i also learnt that dreams dont actually have a beginning, you just realize you are in the middle of something but dont know how you got there.