Dying Website

• Mello193
    12 years ago

I kinda feel like this site is dying down. i just looked and theirs 33 people on today. we usually average about 20 people online at a time. it this website dead? Ive been on here for a number of years and it seems as though it has. COME ON PEOPLE LETS BRING P-A-Q BACK FROM THE DEAD!

• Britt
    12 years ago

I don't think that's an accurate number, because if people don't have poems posted (just quotes, or they're here just to read poetry), they don't show up on that online list.

• True Happiness
    12 years ago

I've been here for about 3-4 years.....and i have noticed that there are less people.....alot of the ones i new back when i first started are gone exsept 1....so yeah i think this site is dieing......makes me kind of sad cuz i love this site.

• Olga Vilano
    12 years ago

Well im new to this website, what i love about it, is that i can express myself, and say many things that wer unspoken for many years.
    I dnt know how many ppl log in, but i do like it when they read and rate my poems like that i kno if im good or not.

• sibyllene
    12 years ago

I can't speak to our numbers, but I will say this:

People have been posting threads like this for as long as I can remember, and I've been here since 2006.

People have been panicking that the site is dying for years, and... we're still here. I would say that numbers of our active members holds steady. If you want to be where the real action is, check out the Member's Message forum.

• Mello193
    12 years ago

I made a lot of cool people here. and read a lot of great poetry. just seems like there isn't that same level of energy as it used to.

• Mello193
    12 years ago

Yeah this site is really dying its sad really

• Kevin
    12 years ago

It is because of Clubs.

Clubs became very popular, as I recall when the moderators of the time were throwing suspensions and edits all over the place. Most of the really intelligent people with a modicum of self respect moved their energies into clubs, where they were able to speak freely.

Things are cool now on the main boards because we have a decent mod team, trouble is, we still have clubs and people i'll wager spend most of their time there.

Sibs is right though, I'd read a "this site is dying" thread every week for the past 5 years.

Slow death.

• Decayed
    12 years ago

Join clubs, people.
    Death rates there is less from here on the boards.

• Decayed
    12 years ago

Join clubs, people.
    Death rates there are less from here on the boards.

• Girl of Conviction
    12 years ago

This is one amazing site, i wish more people knew about it.

:]

• Mello193
    12 years ago

Indeed but whats a better club, im currently on taste of ink and no one ever posts

• Paul Gondwe
    12 years ago

Mello..i think u can always quit it if you feel u r alone there....i wont say better clubs here since that would some sought of violation...

so do u still think this is a dying website?

• Mello193
    12 years ago

Yeah, theirs maybe 20 people on at a time, if that, my club hasn't had a post in like a year, and the most popular club is Lost Souls. im wondering if maybe all the people from here found another site or something? i dont know it seems like 5 years ago i could log on and thered be hundreds of people. now its definitely dying, and maybe i will join lost souls just becuase i still like this website and would hate to see it finished off. id like to go there and maybe find the people who seem to be hiding?

• Girl of Conviction
    12 years ago

Im sure new people will sart coming to this site :]

• Mello193
    12 years ago

Yeah thats true. but then again i like meeting new people but sometimes i want to talk to experienced writers.

• Girl of Conviction
    12 years ago

Yeah i know what you mean

• Mello193
    12 years ago

And lately some of the new people dont really contribute, they just have there own little thing going on. its not doing much for Poems-and-Quotes.

• Girl of Conviction
    12 years ago

Yeah :/ hmm maybe we should recruit them lol :]

• Mello193
    12 years ago

How? any ideas, i don't have any right now.

• L
    12 years ago

Hmm ... I don't know what you mean.

If you want people to read poems or You want to chat with them or both ?

If you want them to read your poems, the best way is to comment on their poems and some will comment back to return the favor. If you want to chat, then I don't know. Lol

• Girl of Conviction
    12 years ago

Hmm just try pm them?

• L
    12 years ago

I believe pming them to read poems is against the rules of the site, but there is a forum made specially for that. :)

pming for chatting is not, so that could solve the chat problem.

• Mello193
    12 years ago

Well i think if someone pm me to read there poems i wouldn't report them. i think its silly. however i just want more people to log on daily or at a time.