Dreadlocks anyone?

• Krysten
    11 years ago

Does anyone else on this site have dreadlocks. I've had my about a year, and i couldn't imagine life with out them. They are an outter reflection of my inner self. I've got all kinds of colorful wraps and beads and little dangally charms. They let the world know right up front that I'm different and i love that,!

• Kate
    11 years ago

No I dont but I have always liked the look of them. I had a friend who tried to do her hair like that but it didnt work that well. Haha but how exactly do you do them?? I never understood the process.

• A Poets Handwriting aka ALISHA
    11 years ago

No I don't, but my cousin does.
    They seem to suit only so many people.
    Glad to hear your making a statement with them. Individuality is something special. (:

• Krysten
    11 years ago

I've wanted them since i was little. Its actually a pretty lengthty process, especially since i did mine completely by myself. Hours and hours of work. Youtube was my saving grace, without it i wouldn't have them :)

Its definitly not a temporary hairstyle, or one that should be taken lightly. Requires lots of patients, and the ability to embrace the messy beautiful!
    There are good days when they look great and behave
    And bad days when they just won't cooperaite. (Sp)

Mostly my dreads have a mind of their own, and always have plenty of character.

But i wouldnt trade em for anything.

• Krysten
    11 years ago

Not true at all! I wash my hair 3times a week! Just because someone has dreadlocks doesn't mean they are dirty!

And depending on how locked they are, with a lot of patients, time and conditioner it is possible to comb them out.

• Stephen
    11 years ago

Interesting, I've always been fascinated with dreadlocks,.. I've thought about getting them once my hair is grow out also.. I just don't know how to go about it and I would hate to grow my hair out, & then have to chop it all off if I decide dreadlocks aren't for me. Anyways kudo's to you I bet they look awesome!! Different is amazing in my opinion. You'll shine in a crowd always!!

• Krysten
    11 years ago

Thanks hope! Love the profile picture btw.

If you decide to dread your hair, feel free to pm me with any questions you may have.

I've done my own, plus two friends, and I'm waiting on this guy i know to grow his hair out and I'm gonna start his dreads. :)

• Krysten
    11 years ago

Some people are really picky about what they wash their locks with. Nothing with conditioner in it, and nothing that will cause a lot of build up.

I simply use sauve clarifing shampoo, just put a little on my roots and work it in, then quick rinse to let the shampoo work into my locks, then a heavy duty rinse and then just squeeze them out like a sponge.

You have to allow plenty of time for them to dry tho, or else you can run into serious problems like mildo! (Yuck!!!)