Learning to cope again

• Redangelwings
    10 years ago

Well I have been depressed for the last eight years or so and am going to finally do some inner healing I hope. The thing is I am not sure how to cope with the negative things around me. Its a vicious circle of loneliness really. I guess what I'm asking is how have you all coped before? I'll be leaving for a while as I have also lost my spark for writing again. It might be the sadness I am not sure anymore. ...

• Poet on the Piano
    10 years ago

Hi again redangelwings! Really sorry to hear about your depression and I know the feeling of loneliness and how it can keep you down, hopeless, faithless, etc. Hope I can offer some advice:

I would say besides writing, listening to uplifting music or something that makes you connect and want to sing with the lyrics. Also, becoming busy with a task. Think of a realistic goal you can achieve that's maybe aside from work/school that will benefit you. Something like re-decorating, just an example, to keep your mind focused on that, plus it will feel nice maybe as a change. Have found with my job, as it's my first one, I'm very excited about all that I'm learning so by the time I get home, I'm exhausted and don't really think about negative things..... it's hard though because it's so easy nowadays to feel helpless just from watching the news, or seeing something around us. Stay away from it sometimes and give yourself a break. Like an example, I can get fired up about politics and become passionate about fighting for this and that, but we can only do so much, I'm not always optimistic so we can get engaged with things but as long as we don't let it break us or take away our hope. Keep your head up though and take time for yourself.

• Redangelwings
    10 years ago

I am definitely going to take some time for myself and start over in a sense. I really do want to find my happiness whether be it through God or just life in general. I know I can do my part to change. Actually I might be the only part. I know I can be more positive and figure out negative situations or like try not to let them bring me down. Depression is a very difficult thing to overcome. Thanks for the great advice though means a lot!!

• Angel
    10 years ago

Im gunna give it to you plain and simple. give it time for time heals all wounds

• Redangelwings
    10 years ago

Thanks hun. I know it truly does

Hope right?