What do i do? :(

• ibelievedhim
    10 years ago

I really like my friend jake and he knows how i feel. he says he likes me too, but he shuts down when i try to talk about my feelings. he told me whenever he opens up, his feelilngs end up being crushed. i tried to tell him im not like them. i promised i wouldnt hurt him. he's always flirting with me, like telling me how pretty i am and how he likes spending time with me, but i dont know if he wants me to be his girlfriend. i tried to tell him it was too hard for me to talk to him anymore and that i needed space, but he begged me start over. i dont know what to do. im so confused, and i wish it was easier for him to open up to me.

• Colm
    10 years ago

Easier said than done but you should probably just go for it. Go on a date, hang out, you don't have to bare your soul to each other to be boyfriend/girlfriend, it can be a gradual process. You will probably regret it if you don't give it a go.

• Lori
    10 years ago

TIME TIME TIME. There will be a day when you need him to give you time, trust me on that one. It is extremely difficult when you have opened up so many times and gotten screwed over. Eventually once he realizes that you're not going anywhere, he will begin to open up.

• Beautiful Soul
    10 years ago

Time can hurt or help you but if you give him time and nothing changes then it's time to move on.