Professions you would not want...

• Poet on the Piano
    9 years ago

Everyone tells us we can be what we want to be, choose which path to walk on, but what do we already know we wouldn't want to do? Whether the career grosses you out, doesn't interest you, or for any other reason. Share what career path you can't see yourself committing to.

I've always said I could never be an ophthalmologist. My eyes are very sensitive (I wear glasses), and I cringe when people put in contacts or even touch their eyes.... also, I would say a surgeon, as you would have to be very confident and skilled, and I feel like even with years of knowledge, I would still not feel comfortable with the fact that I'm that much responsible for someone's life.

• Beautiful Soul
    9 years ago

This is a great topic. Doctor I could not do it. Anything with speaking or a lot of people honestly.

• Poet on the Piano
    9 years ago

^ Yep, I have a great deal of respects for doctors. I'm sure that would be a lot of pressure and would take a lot of skill.

Also, a pilot. I know you're trained but I can't see myself being interested in learning about aircraft, not to mention if you're flying commercially... would be very nervous.

• Beautiful Soul
    9 years ago

Anything moving makes me nervous. I have very bad anxiety so anything makes me nervous.

But anything with driving I couldn't do either.

• Kakera
    9 years ago

Anything that involves physical labour. But I have a pretty valid excuse as to why, seeing how I'm physically disabled to varying degrees.

• Britt
    9 years ago

Anything Mike Rowe has done on his show Dirty Jobs. ;)

• -Choke-On-MY-Halo-
    9 years ago

I'll say what I do want to be and that's a Social Worker...what I do NOT want is to be a waiter no offence but people are rude and sometimes I can't hold back my sass that and a soldier it's not that I don't have great respect for the military I just couldn't handle that I like my freedom to sleep whenever I want thanks lol ALSO I couldn't imagine myself as a police officer too many dangers out there if I do have a family I want them safe not in harms way just saying

• Beautiful Soul
    9 years ago

Police officer

• -Choke-On-MY-Halo-
    9 years ago

Prison Guard

• Dark Secrets
    9 years ago

Any job with gross specifics because I have a fast gag reflex... like being a nurse or doctor. I wouldn't be able to take stool and pee samples, or see someone vomit, or deal with open wounds with puss and stuff oosing out.

• rachael
    9 years ago

Public defender, high school teacher, retail middle management, anything in marketing/sales development or "consulting" firms, Fox News pundit, web designer/programmer, POTUS, commercial airline pilot, divorce lawyer, movie star, bit most especially whatever title assigned to the job of the person responsible for babysitting Sarah Palin - that's job is literally in my nightmares.

• Poet on the Piano
    9 years ago

Inventory, counting services. Nothing against anyone who works in this, I just think it may be boring unless you have a close-knit group. I work in retail and every year we have inventory check and hire a company in, so I helped audit, and it would not be something I would want to do each day.

• John Doe
    9 years ago

Would never care to be an engineer, though they are needed I'd never like to work 9-5 in some company.

• Poet on the Piano
    9 years ago

^ I'm with ya, although I have a great deal of respect for them especially since my dad's a mechanical engineer, although I know for him it's a lot of stress and making sure projects are ready and working properly.

I do not have a mind like that (and math/ calculus is not my forte)

• John Doe
    9 years ago

Exactly my Dad my uncle everyone in my house are math geeks and I'm like what the hell is this!!

• silvershoes
    9 years ago

Any job that involves outrageous fame. I couldn't handle being under public scrutiny every second of my life. I need privacy and space to do what I want without the judgment of others.

• Sandstorm
    9 years ago

Being a teacher would drive me round the bend. Patience I have not xD

• GB
    9 years ago

I don't want to be a singer, that would make lots of people suffer lol

• Beautiful Soul
    9 years ago

Singer, police officer.

• John Doe
    9 years ago

People it's a scientific fact that singing is something everyone can do with practice so don't underestimate yourself.

• silvershoes
    9 years ago

Could not do a job that negatively impacts other people, animals, or the earth. Yeah, that's pretty general, but I'm adamant about having a career that makes a positive contribution.

• Sandstorm
    9 years ago

@emptyspaces though I am a keen believer in the wonders of science, I will never be able to sing. EVER xD

• John Doe
    9 years ago

Trust me dude you will may take you 20 years to get right but everyone can sing.