inteligent chat 3 ....beczu they wouldnt answer my tpoic in 2

• Laura
    19 years ago

ok, the starting topic is Inter-racial relationships.

i really want some feed back on your opinion.
    biblically, and personally, and make sure you have something to back it up.

thanks!!!

• darkgrl21
    19 years ago

This is one of those" to each his own" situations. You like who you like plain and simple. Some people don't accept inter-racial couples very well, but they aren't the one in the relationship so it really doesn't matter what they think.

I personally love skater boys...thats my type no matter what color.

I dated a black guy once in like 9th grade, but it didn't last very long- not because of the color thing- because we had absolutely nothing in common.

• Brookeღ
    19 years ago

Love one another! Color has nothing to with how you feel about someone. As long as ur happy and the guy treats u like he should then the color of his skin shouldn't matter. And for what people think you should only believe in yourself and your heart.

• Bret Higgins
    19 years ago

I answered clearly. For me it's black and white (pun intended).

God doesn't differentiate between race, neither should we.

• Kevin
    19 years ago

I don't see what needs to be discussed here....maybe 50 years ago this might have been a full on taboo subject. But now?

We all have the same colour blood, and our pink bits are all pink inside.

: }

• Kaitlin Kristina
    19 years ago

Laura, you got general concensus from some of the most "inteligent" people on the forum on the other thread.

It doesnt matter. Anyone it matters to is ignorant and has no right to post on a board about intelligence.

• Ali
    19 years ago

well kaitlin,

It does matter to some people and being ignorant is not the right word.
    (ig·no·rant: Lacking education or knowledge.
    Showing or arising from a lack of education or knowledge: an ignorant mistake. Unaware or uninformed.)

To me it does matter. Being brought up in a White household I have always had this knowledge that it wasnt proper to "race mix". Yes, I could have as many black asian or whomever friends as I wanted but I knew better then to bring them home. I was told when I was younger that my mother would prefer me to marry a good irish catholic boy. (I am now engaged to a good Protestant German boy.) The point is, even if I wanted to or was attracted to a black person, I wouldnt even want to date them. Also, there is the knowledge that people of different colors (black, yellow, red and white) all carry different cultural diseases and that if the trait is dominant (just by a conicidence) that should I have a relationship with a "colored" person, I have a chance of getting really sick. Finally, It says in the bible (somewhere) that god split the tounges of the tribes in order to seperate them and that was how god intended to keep the world. So intellegently Kaitlin I do have a right to speak my mind on this issue and Intellegently I have good reasons as to why it matters, maybe not to everyone else but to me and my beliefs. We arent being hurtful or rude when we support our beliefs with evidence that makes sense.

• Ali
    19 years ago

and just to start some discussion, why does everyone think that it is so important to bring together the races? And that if you dont think two people should marry because of difference in color that automatically people think youre a racist?

• Ali
    19 years ago

I dont hate anyone. I was simply stating my opinion. I want everyone to live happy lives. But I still wouldnt want to date a person of another color and I personally dont think its right but if its your wish and your life then more power to you and god bless, but dont force anything on my beliefs. I know that regardless of the culture and the beliefs of our society I wont think its right but I wont stop someone from living their lives.

• Seronum
    19 years ago

Hey lets change the topic lol What does eveyone think about voting and driving rights or laws. Should the voting age be 18 or lowered to 17? What about driving? 16, 17, 18,? Or should a test determine if the person is responsible enough. By goin along guide lines from a teacher or tester like say 1. Driver must act mature
    2. Driver must not carry on in the car
    3. Driver must be mature plain and simple lol Dont you all agree?

• Ali
    19 years ago

how about we dont we were still in the middle of this one...

NO voting should stay at 18.
    No younger drivers are not mature enough. I am still sidetracked when i drive and im 20, no one can actually determine if a person is mature enough to drive. I know personally i can act mature in certain settings and still crazy in others. My cousin is the same way. Shes a volunteer fire fighter and when i last went to visit she accidentally ran a red light cause she was too busy singing into her hair brush. So the laws shouldnt change.

• Bret Higgins
    19 years ago

Edited out.. mentioned souls and intelligence (so Bob's post makes sense.

• Bret Higgins
    19 years ago

Posted in the wrong bit lol! I'm a silly arse!

• Laura
    19 years ago

good god im sorry i spelled them wrong. you know what i meant. get off of my back.

i was in a rush and...bleh! i dont need to explain myself to you.

and this is an important TOPIC to any who are questioning it. i wanted to know because of the experiences im going through and i want feedback, im trying to find myself and i was just looking for other peoples oppinons. you can change the topic if you want because you dont seem to care to much about this one.

p.s sorry if anything is spelled wrong, i didnt feel like checking.

• Bret Higgins
    19 years ago

My take on things is thus:

A soul intertwines with the body causing the first brain cells to fire, creating thought. Intelligent thought is what makes us sentient and so our soul cannot be adjoined to stem cells.

What happens to all the fertilised eggs flushed out during a menstrual cycle? It is known that only about 20% of fertilised eggs actually take hold and become babies.

So can we label a woman who has had more than one period a serial killer?

• Bret Higgins
    19 years ago

Laura, it is the nature of intelligent chats to stray off course and raise new points. It can be a bit annoying sometimes, but it invariably happens.

Welcome to the party.

• Kaitlin Kristina
    19 years ago

I didn’t read most of these posts, because I'm lazy right now, but to answer Ali, I think that the term "ignorant" for people who think it is WRONG to mix interracially fits quite well. These people are either:

*Ignorant (don’t know better because they have been taught the wrong thing, and therefore are uneducated)

*Racist (pretty self explanatory)

Or

*Too attached to societal stigmas, which are deprivating to humanity in general.

If you were raised thinking that races should not intermingle you are in the first category, as well as the third, which equates to the second. You were not educated properly because of the third, your parents were affected by societal stigma and then taught you the same. You cannot help what you were taught, but you can understand that it holds no value whatsoever except for superficially.

Skin is.... skin deep. That’s it.

Most of us are affected by the third in some way, either because of being treated differently growing up because of skin color or just falling into the belief systems which are most prevalent in the community that you grow up in.

There is no reason why we should or should not, mating and procreating should be based upon love for one another on a personal level, not superficial. Anyone who disagrees is uneducated, too affected by stigmatic societal views, or ignorant.

It is not hard to see that there should be nothing that stands between love. You get to make your own choices, but do not get to say it is wrong for someone else to mix because of your stigmas to further the problem in our culture.

• Bret Higgins
    19 years ago

What if your conclusions agree with the learned behaviour?

Bob, flushing happens after conception. The point being that most conceptions do not last past the joyous few days a woman has each month. Serial Killer motion upheld?

I chose not to date black girls or natural blondes. Does that make me racist?

• Kaitlin Kristina
    19 years ago

People can have their own preferences, it is like saying you like blue eyed girls over brown eyed girls... its just what appeals to you.

If white girls are more appealing than black girls, date your preference, thats not racism, thats just what you are attracted to.

Saying it is WRONG for anyone to mix interracially is discriminating and it is not right to do so.

• Jenny Sys
    19 years ago

I have been with a few people who are of a different race from me, and with a couple of them they made me really happy.
    Race doesn't shape your personality and that's all that counts, so I think that no matter your preferences you should just close your eyes next time you meet someone new and listen to them. You never know... they may not be the type you thought that you would go for and you might start off a good relationship.

• Eibutsina
    19 years ago

I am a product of inter racial relationships, as are my children - I think there is nothing more beautiful than the combining of two cultures, two pasttimes, two lifestyles and my proof to back it you ask...?

Me and my family are proof enough to me :o)

• Laura
    19 years ago

i agree. ^^
    though i am not a product, or i dont have inter-racial children... i hvae dated many black men and i dont see the problem with it. people are a beautiful think , yellow, blue black or white...we should all jsut be hated or apprciated because of who we are...not what color we are.

• pinkalias
    19 years ago

I disagree gothicchicsfionce (fiance spelled wrong)
    I think people can choose whom they love, and can force themselves to not love someone if they needed to.

Anyway
    I think mixed race couples have every right to be together, I don't think there is any argument that can give a good concrete reason not to allow these relationships to proceed.
    How often it happens because of different cultures and such does factor, but that has nothing to do with the rightful ability to be involved in such a relationship.