Baby, don't lose your spike

• Alex
    8 years ago

I was listening to a song.. a few of the lyrics go like this..

"But when it's all said and done
    All I'm saying is baby don't lose your sprite"

And well for ages I thought the lyrics were "baby don't lose your spike"......which I think is better!!

Too many people out there, telling you what you should be, what you shouldn't be, how you should act, how you should stop doing something etc..!!
    People taking qualities about yourself ( that hey, for some reason, you actually LIKE about yourself ) and telling you that maybe you should stop doing that...etc...

Honestly though.. don't let anyone try to tell you what you should do.. how you should act, don't let anyone take maybe that one thing you actually like about yourself and let them diminish it

Don't let anyone stand all over you and piss on you..
    Don't let anyone take away your spike, or let them chisel away at your spike to make you feel less than what you really are.. or make you second guess yourself. If they cannot handle you, and your spike well.. they know where the door is :)

keep sharpening your spike...and tell them where to stick it :)

• Colm
    8 years ago

Nice post!

Although I think this is an age old dilemma. For example, do you tell your boss where to go if he asks you to do an extra bit of work? Do you reject it if somebody is giving you advice? If everybody did what they wanted all the time and never listened to others, the world would be in chaos!

But I think what you are referring to, is not to let people put you down. To have belief in yourself and not to be somebody you don't want to be.

Two clips I love, well worth a watch if you are feeling down :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Z5OookwOoY

and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvtxOzO6OAE

• Meena Krish
    8 years ago

Good post. The first step to move forward and be successful is to learn to never put yourself down or allow others to do so by giving out negative opinions and thoughts.

I do agree with Colm though when someone gives advice like experienced and aged people we can't just blow them off. They too are looking out for our welfare. But the main thing is that don't let yourself be buried by negativity and let your self down.

• Larry Chamberlin
    8 years ago

Nice clips Colm.

I like the spike idea, though. Not as in an offensive weapon, but as a means of protecting the "self"