National Suicide Prevention Week!

• Poet on the Piano
    8 years ago

Don't know if you guys have heard, but September 7-13th is a week to raise awareness and prevent suicide. Prayers and thoughts are appreciated for all those who struggle with suicidal thoughts, have made an attempt, or lost someone to suicide.

There are TONS of sites and tools to use on how to detect warning signs of suicide, what to say, what not to say, and how to help. Often times it's a matter of listening and not judging, and encouraging professional help as sometimes we can't evaluate others in the way they need to be. I believe all suicidal thoughts should be taken seriously. People do need people. It may make all the difference to say "I care about you", or "I will be thinking of you", or "You matter to me". It may help the person realize how to battle their depression or other mental illness if they suffer from one, and use positive coping skills and resources to let them know their quality of life.

Spread the word, no one can play your part! Your life is valuable and unique.

Also, lots of resources are available at twloha.com/ as well as http://www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org/

Take care!

• Larry Chamberlin
    8 years ago

Thanks for posting this, MA!

• Beautiful Soul
    8 years ago

Didn't know this, thanks for sharing

• Beautiful Soul
    8 years ago

There are times when I am suicidal, but I am slowly healing

• Poet on the Piano
    8 years ago

^ Glad to hear you are healing, James, and I wish the best for you. I wouldn't want anyone to have suicidal thoughts at any point in their lives, but I know many people have and have conquered them. Although it's truly scary when the return. There is hope though, and freedom from them so they don't turn into action.