Sad

• Em
    7 years ago

Hi guys and gals since the weekend (for some reason) my depression has struck back with avengeance and I was wondering what you all do to succumb this feeling.

Thanks in adcance

• Poet on the Piano
    7 years ago

Hey, Em! Thinking of you. Keep your head up and let us know how you're doing if you'd like. We care :)

Some things that help me. NOT isolating. I have a urge to run away from problems and people that often nags at my mind when I feel cornered, or when anxious thoughts take over. I basically believe that no one wants me around if I can't be "carefree and chipper". Isolating though has only led me to be self-destructive and give in even more to negative thoughts. I like to plan something different also. If my week is routine and I have no variety, I may feel listless or trapped. Get support in various ways, whether that's online or with a friend or adult. Sometimes even admitting that "I'm not okay right now" is the first step because you're allowing yourself to feel, and if you let someone in to see your vulnerability, then you are no longer hiding.

While I am all for "creating" and doing hobbies you love, I think it goes deeper into wanting to be active in battling your depression. What are some realistic goals you can do when the depression hits back harder? Make a plan so when the storm hits, you'll be ready.

Take care <3

• Em
    7 years ago

Thank you so much for your comment, its helped somewhat. I like to admit I am not okay because I learned the hard way that saying you were even when you aren't seemed to add insult to injury so to speak.