Poems for Death

• Pianist
    19 years ago

We all do it, and we all love it too. Suicide poems seem to be at the top of the category when it comes to poems. So do you think it changes anyones opinion of your poem if it is not about knifes, pills, guns, or death? The topic is death, so could that change someones opinion of your poem, if it is about love, who natural writes about suicide?

• Jacklyn
    19 years ago

it doesn't change my mind, infact it's kind of better because it's a change, i've been trying to branch out and write new topics and stuff! PLP

~lil slam~

• Mandy
    19 years ago

lets make some poems about family and god instead

no im joking

• BaybeBlew
    19 years ago

Writing about suicide is getting kind of old.

People should just read more white ninja comics.

The world would be a better place.

-- http://www.whiteninjacomics.com/comics/hottie.shtml --

• AGirlWorthFightingFor
    19 years ago

I once wrote a play about death where nobody dies.

• Shædow Poet
    19 years ago

If one can write a poem about death with an interest concept, chilling features and completely unique then it's a good read.

Many topics have and will always be reused, it's the content that matters.

• Shædow Poet
    19 years ago

Shojo: sounds very interesting.

• pinkalias
    19 years ago

I do not think that it changes people's opinion
    (I'm not sure but were you trying to ask change people's opinion of the poet?)
    If so, no i do not think so, unless they are closed minded. That's not a bashing thing, it's just some people see only in black and white, and there are poets who consist of different shades.
    wow...that sounded totally gay.
    Anyway, what I mean is there are poets who are dedicated strictly to one category and stray from it only when a huge event in their lives had directed them to a new one momentarily.
    Then there are the other poets who consist of dark poetry (suicide, death, violence etc;) but then transfer to completley different pieces (love poems, nature, bla bla bla)
    So, if the person sees only in black and white and thinks a poet should be dedicated to one type of poetry, then probably. But, if the reader is open to contradicting ideas resting in the mind of one person, then no.

• Pianist
    19 years ago

pinkalias: I think your ideas on that subject are very agreeable, but I was talking about the poem itself. If readers are black and white like you said so, then when they read someones poem that is about love, or nature, would it change their opinions of the poem just because it's not about death?