I Need Help With Something

• Abstract Poet
    6 years ago

Someone send me a message giving advice about Limerick giving me a website to prove my poem to help to write a better Limerick. I have looked up that website that wouldn't help me why would she send me that website to prove my poem like I care. But I do need help with this can someone read my poem Kissing My Eyes it's a Limerick? Can someone tell me what you think?.

• mossgirl19 replied to Abstract Poet
    6 years ago

Hi, Abstract. Ohh, don't be so sad I'm sure the one who sent you the website does not want you to feel bad about your works. You are a great writer and it will not make you lesser in any way.

I have read Kissing My Eyes and for me it has humor in it. Maybe just not the kind of humor that 'stands out' after reading it once. I guess not the kind of humor that hits the reader straight in the face and prompts them to grin or laugh right away.

Also, limericks follow a certain rhyme scheme, and just like any other poetry forms, there is always that danger of interruption in the message in our word choice just to achieve the rhymes. This may be one factor also that hindered me from appreciating the humor in your poem.

The first may not be the best one yet, but I'm sure the next ones will be very great! Keep writing! :-)

• Glenn G replied to Abstract Poet
    6 years ago

I'm not sure be I could help. My philosophy about writing is that I want it to speak to me. I use it as a few minutes to get away from this crazy world by conveying my thoughts on paper. I like it when people like what I write but I don't get upset and take it to serious if they don't. Some of the world's most famous poets have written many things that make no sense to me. When someone's poem speaks to me I try to share my praise with them but when it doesn't I don't get critical because I know it speaks to the poet. Many times I go back months later and find myself editing things for the better, for some reason my vision and depth of thought get better with time. Good luck.